Skip to content

How can I uninstall "http://www.beamdog.com/files/prerequisites/oalinst.exe"

dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
I downloaded this from another thread (now closed) about problems with opening the game because I thought it might actually help me open SoD.

Unfortunately it has screwed my graphics setup to the extent that some sites (including this one) look completely different, some don't show images (only text) and one (my e-mail account) won't open at all.

Where can I find this program so that I can uninstall it?

I have tried: Program Search (can't find it), Program Uninstaller (can't find it) and System Restore (problem still persists).

I have spoken at length to my ISP and they have confirmed that the problem is at my end.

Please help me (and bear in mind that I obviously won't be able to receive e-mail notifications of any replies to this request so I'll just be checking in every now and again).

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hi @dunbar
    It should appear in the list of programs to uninstall, as OpenAL. It is for audio purposes so should not affect graphics setup in any way.
    Thanks
    elminster
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Ah, right, thanks. I'll start looking for other causes then - it's just that this seemed the most obvious cause given that the problem only appeared the first time I re-booted after installing the program.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    dunbar said:

Ah, right, thanks. I'll start looking for other causes then - it's just that this seemed the most obvious cause given that the problem only appeared the first time I re-booted after installing the program.

It might have been a windows update that installed itself. I'd check your windows update settings if I were you to see if its set to do that.
    mf2112