Skip to content

EE familiar mod?

noctem93noctem93 Member Posts: 63
Hi peeps. I love playing casters (especially with @Aquadrizzt 's Tome and Blood mod) but I would love some recommendations to good familiar mods. I've tried More Style for Mages, and it's OK but I don't think the familiars have quite enough oomph. I'm looking for something where their skills level up with the CHARNAME, or maybe each different kind of familiar just has different skills (in MSfM they all have the same skills, either Thief or Mage but nothing else to differentiate them).

Anyone have any recommendations? I'm playing Steam version, up to date, BGEE and BG2EE.

Thanks!

Comments

• noctem93noctem93 Member Posts: 63
    Man... no responses... OK, let me try this another way. Hey @Aquadrizzt and @subtledoctor -- doesn't it sound like fun to work on an alternate/customizable/level scalable Familiars mod?
    ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    The closest you can get is Animal Companions mod somewhere here. It's a really nice mod, but not exactly what you're looking for I guess as it's not very mage-y.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @subtledoctor - thanks, I didn't realize anyone was already working on it for BGEE. I found one for TuTu (WTP Familiars) @ G3 which looks like almost exactly what I'm after, but the guy who created it doesn't even have EE installed so clearly he can't make it EE compatible. I'll nose around G3 and see if I can find the one you're talking about. Their site seems to be down this morning, but I'll check it out later today. Hopefully they'll be back up and running soon.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I've already tried using it; it doesn't work. I've spoken with the author and he's open to working with someone who has EE experience to be able to port it over. I'm useless at coding, otherwise I'd do it myself. Well, once G3 is back up and running maybe I'll re-download it and see what I can come up with... I mean heck, how much damage could I do? lol