Skip to content

Am I the only one who would like this?

XeroshiXeroshi Member Posts: 182
Personally I would enjoy a engine conversion of BG to the PS:T engine though I realise it would be high impossible it would be a very cool thing to play. Anyone else think it would be cool?
DJKajuru

Comments

• mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    I think it would be awesome if they did the opposite: converted PS:T to the BG2:EE engine.
    Montresor_SPAnduin
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    It's already in the same engine, though..? Did you mean to Pillars of Eternity engine?
  • XeroshiXeroshi Member Posts: 182

It's already in the same engine, though..? Did you mean to Pillars of Eternity engine?

I mean in interface and gameplay style. As in that version of the infinity engine. Like Tutu or BGT
    FinneousPJ
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I see. The interface is probably moddable. What do you mean by game play style? Both are point and click, yes?
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    I believe the original resources are missing, which is why they havn't done a PS:TEE.

I'm not sure it would greatly enhance the game to have PST in 2.0, if that is what you mean.

I see. The interface is probably moddable. What do you mean by game play style? Both are point and click, yes?

I mean like the run button. Right click menu etc.
    FinneousPJ
    Fardragon said:

I believe the original resources are missing, which is why they havn't done a PS:TEE.

I'm not sure it would greatly enhance the game to have PST in 2.0, if that is what you mean.

I mean the opposite BG to PST
    Xeroshi said:

Fardragon said:

Why on earth would anyone want that!!!???
    Fardragon said:

Xeroshi said:

Fardragon said:

Why on earth would anyone want that!!!???
    I personally think it would be interesting to play and i like the torment version of the infinity engine better than the BG version. But again my opinion
    JuliusBorisovmashedtaters
    I would say that the PS:T engine is worse than the original BG engine, and massively worse than 2.0.

It's still a great game, but due to the writing, not the engine.

I suspect you could mod the 2.0 interface to look like PS:T if you really wanted to though.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    Honestly, the planescape engine is the biggest reason I couldn't even play the game. It turned me off so much after I started.
    Having heard about how awesome it is though, I am considering trying it again.