Skip to content

AI change: opening containers

carugacaruga Member Posts: 375
When a group of party members is selected and you click on a container to loot it, have (optionally/configurably) the nearest member go to it instead of the top-most member of the group.

Comments

• LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
    Well, sometimes you want rather your strong party leader take the loot rather then the nearest standing one who might already be overloaded. Slight tweak to your idea: Make it like you suggest when you click on a container with the RIGHT mouse button.
  • carugacaruga Member Posts: 375
    edited June 2012
    Well, sometimes you want rather your strong party leader take the loot rather then the nearest standing one who might already be overloaded. Slight tweak to your idea: Make it like you suggest when you click on a container with the RIGHT mouse button.
    There's no one right way for things to be that will suit everyone. As I've mentioned before I think it's an uncontroversial 'feature' to have everything configurable to a player's liking.

The problem you suggest is solved by clicking specifically on the character you want to have pick stuff up. But if you don't want to have to do that I think the old behaviour should be available as well.

For me, I'd like it to be possible to hold down keys to engage certain party-coordination AI. So the old behaviour normally, then on holding a key-down you could enter a user-defined 'loot mode' that behaves according to your preferences.

Hmm, I'm beginning to think a dedicated AI customization thread is in order... I really want the UI to be as powerful but simple (read: layered, concealing stuff from newbies) as can be.