Skip to content

What does the diseased status actually do?

I can't figure it out.

TIA

Comments

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    edited March 2016
    I think it depends on what causes it. I know one of them reduces strength, but I can't remember where that was.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2016
    Depends on the game and the creature involved. In IWD diseased status basically means the character will continue taking poison damage indefinitely unless they are cured. In BGEE/BG2EE it typically means you are taking poison damage over a given period of time. Occasionally though (like with Ghasts) the symbol will just mean a base Thac0 penalty.
  • cloudkillbeatsallcloudkillbeatsall Member Posts: 98
    I think you should be able to hover over the Icon/the text which says Diseased in the Record screen to see its exact effect. This would also help with poison (duration and damage/round) and a lot of other things.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    edited June 2016
    when thaco is damaged, how do I heal it? Does heal in temple (750 gp) fix my thaco?
  • filcat88filcat88 Member Posts: 115
    Arthas said:

when thaco is damaged, how do I heal it? Does heal in temple (750 gp) fix my thaco?

You have to use the sp.ells Cure Disease or Neutralize Poison
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Arthas said:

"Heal" restores HP. Temples do sell "Cure Disease" in the same window, iirc.