Skip to content

Trying To Explain How Good These Games are to Others...

I have told my friend about the game, made him a character portrait of himself and guess what!? ..... Yes! He's hooked! I got into my first attempt at a multiplayer session last night! There is so much you can do to make the just that much more enjoyable than it already is! Which, again .... I didn't think was possible! :D

I haven't told him about this place yet :p I have a feeling he will just use it as a walkthrough and just keep throwing spoilers at me! I'm still yet to complete it (or even get through "Baldur's Bloody Gate" to be honest) ...We still have complete this, go through BGII EE, BGSOD, and IWD EE. So hopefully this is us set for a long, long time!

I will get him to to make an account when he comes round shortly, and get him to upload the portait i did of him! It makes me HOWL with laughter Haha!

By the way... should we be playing IWD EE first? Or are they not linked?

Comments

• jtthjtth Member Posts: 171
    BG → SOD → BG2.

IWD is separate. Same world, different folks and different story; there's no CHARNAME.
  • SpudulationSpudulation Member Posts: 11
    jtth said:

BG → SOD → BG2.

IWD is separate. Same world, different folks and different story; there's no CHARNAME.

Nice one! :)
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    It's kind of funny to think that some new players will be playing Siege of Dragonspear before Baldur's Gate 2, considering that Baldur's Gate 2 has been out for more than a decade while Siege of Dragonspear is much more recent.
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    Honestly the easiest way to get people hooked - especially if they never played any of the infinity engine games, or didn't play games at all in the 90's early 2000's either due to being too young or just not having the proper machinery, is to play with them in MP. Even if the MP doesn't work out so well (sometimes latency is troublesome) you can give them the rundown of how to play the game and make a character - and then the games usually carry themselves at that point unless the person you're showing just doesn't like RPGs that much.