Skip to content

Can't get over it

lazutulazutu Member Posts: 118
Sorry, guys: I am going to back to the original, non-EE edition. I tried to forget about the EE features, but here and there I see some bear topics (Wilson), transgender agenda, always getting reminded of how women are equal (not a thing was changed about that Male-Female, still!!! I sure hope they are not adding a third gender to choose). No matter how many times I've started a new BG1/BG2 game, something just feels wrong. The whole EE additions seem like a trophy-gathering, and not in a good way: munchkins only do it because it's there. It wasn't so with the original version.

Again, it doesn't mean all that much, but with the recent e-begging for more "Internet exposure" for Baldur's Gate series, I no longer feel that I can get behind Beamdog. Back to basics for me, guys and gals.

Sincerely,
V

Comments

• YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    You'll be back for the UI enhancements :p
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    Ok.
  • magisenseimagisensei Member Posts: 316
    I don't see how or why those things are bothering you when you are playing or how it even affects the playing of the game. Except for one tiny optional dialogue in SoD and one optional npc bear everything else is outside of the game. Ignore it all and enjoy the game.
  • jtthjtth Member Posts: 171
    See ya. Want a warm bottle?
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    I'm not ditching the EEs, but this does make me curious. Are current iterations of mods even compatible with the vanilla game anymore? I'm not sure how much needed to be changed to make them EE compatible, especially as of the newest patch.

For players that go back, are they stuck using older versions of mods? I'd imagine some things needed to be rewritten and the code is now trying to reference files/strings that didn't exist pre-EE.
  • VbibbiVbibbi Member Posts: 229
    Most of the mods I know of have been made EE compatible. The Gibberlings 3 ones and Spellhold Studios and Pocketplane. The mods all state whether or not they're compatible, and I think it's a very small number which aren't.
  • Clumsy_DwarfClumsy_Dwarf Member Posts: 112
    lazutu said:

transgender agenda

Don't play non-EE either because..

Edwin spends a good chunk of Chapter 2 as a woman and eventually, that change becomes permanent.

Now don't you feel silly?
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    @Vbibbi hence my question. The current versions of virtually all popular mods are EE compatible. My question was are the EE mods backwards compatible with the non-EE game? I'm honestly not sure how much was changed with coding/scripting to make them EE compatible...
    Pteran said:

@Vbibbi hence my question. The current versions of virtually all popular mods are EE compatible. My question was are the EE mods backwards compatible with the non-EE game? I'm honestly not sure how much was changed with coding/scripting to make them EE compatible...

The mods before the EE is, however, those mods that was made after EE is not. SCS and such should work, I think.
  • lazutulazutu Member Posts: 118
    Great, more mockery. Warm bottles, eh... That's why even the forum's online went to abyss, this bandwagon of hatred is insane. No compassion shown, other people like me wont show up because of constant anxiety over getting negative replies. The ONLY allowed opinions here are these: LGBT+Feminism=GOOD, SCS mod = THE BEST MOD EVAH, and that's all. Even the dude who was working on Tactics, blatantly and insultingly waved off some vanilla features of the mod, meanwhile my parts of even trying to argue got cut off and moved to a different topic. GREAT JOB, mods. I do not need your pity, btw. Just look at the forum's online and make conclusions.

Clumsy_Dwarf, I know about the god damn Edwin's existence and him becoming a woman. Try to READ next time, and save your sarcasm for the wolves.
    You are dismissed @lazutu

Watch out for the females, they are still in the original Baldur's gate.
  • lazutulazutu Member Posts: 118
    edited July 2016
    Seriously, MORE sarcasm? I was talking about that menu with M-F choosing, that didn't change a bit; I was talking about "reworking the dialogue", which still didn't happen, although it was the MAIN criticism of the community.

Again, as in every topic, most responses I get are sarcastic. Get off your high horses...

And yeah, I'm giving this prediction a 100% probability: there will be no sanctions whatsoever for people that insulted me here with their over-the-top sarcasm. THAT'S WHY there's no one left here, except the pro-feminist crowd.
This discussion has been closed.