Skip to content

Sound Issues

Sinister01Sinister01 Member Posts: 10
Sound effects are not playing for me. Music plays constantly with no interruption and seems to work perfectly. However, spell sounds, combat sounds, interface clicks, opening containers in the game, command and move sounds for characters (although set to always) do not play. On restarting the game, they work for about a minute, then stop.

I have quit the client, restarted the computer, reinstalled OpenAL, updated to the latest Nvidia drivers (980ti), uninstalled both BG:EE and SoD, and reinstalled. Issues persist. This occurs with a brand new game without importing a save. Does anyone have any ideas here? Not as fun to play the game when the battles don't make noise to know if your guys got hurt. Should also be noted that during character creation, the UI clicks work for a few minutes, then stop.

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Maybe update the sound card drivers?
  • Sinister01Sinister01 Member Posts: 10
    I thought about that as well, and have done so since posting. No change. Just to be clear, all sounds in Windows and every other game and program I have work perfectly fine. It's very strange that it works for a short time and then quits. No pattern that I can see. Thanks for the reponse!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2016
    Sorry to hear about your issue. Could you attack your dxdiag file here? (it'll give us a better indication of what you are running)
    Sure thing, I've attached it below.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I realize its not ideal (I'm trying to narrow down the list of what specifically is causing the issue) do you have these issues if you use your onboard audio (your motherboards sound)?
    Funny you should say that. I was sitting there watching the new Independence Day movie thinking about the DXDiag and how it's showing unsigned WHQL drivers, so I tested it with onboard sound. No problems.

Might be time for a new sound card, I suppose, but every other game and program in the world seems to work fine (I do have the latest manufacturer drivers for the X-Fi Fatality btw, not sure why they show unsigned).

Anyway, great idea. Doesn't sound as good, but this board sound isn't bad at all. Thanks!
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    This link (and the links from it) has a number of suggestions if you want to try anything further. As mentioned there it doesn't seem like there is one solution that works for everyone.
    http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/36252/hardware-creative-x-fi-and-sound-issues
    Awesome, thanks.