Skip to content

What is your favourite punk fiction subgenre?

KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
edited May 2016 in Off-Topic
I'm curious what type of punk subgenre everyone likes the most around these parts.
Is it Cyberpunk a' la Blade Runner? Or mayhaps you're an oily fan of Steampunk thanks to Arcanum? Gotta love Bioshock for its shocking Biopunk as well! Although the Fallout franchise also has some fine, classic Dieselpunk to its name. The list goes on, and on, and on~

My favourite would most likely be some fleshly, fresh and dystopian Biopunk action. I have high hopes for Torment: Tides of Numenera to fullfill my needs on that one. :D
  1. What is your favourite punk fiction subgenre?12 votes
    1. Cyberpunk
      33.33%
    2. Biopunk
      16.67%
    3. Nanopunk
        0.00%
    4. Postcyberpunk
        0.00%
    5. Steampunk
      33.33%
    6. Dieselpunk
        8.33%
    7. Clockpunk
        0.00%
    8. Stonepunk
        0.00%
    9. Mythpunk
        0.00%
    10. other punk derivatives
        8.33%
ChnapyGenderNihilismGirdleSmilingSwordJuliusBorisovlolienTeflon[Deleted User]CrevsDaak

Comments

• ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    I'm not much of a *punk reader (or a reader at all, if I'm being honest), but the books/movies that I've enjoyed the most when I was a kid are I think considered cyberpunk : ghost in the shell, every bradbury I could lay my hands on, serial experiments lain, do androids dream of electric sheep...
    (sorry if I'm wrong about any of those being cyberpunk =p ).

I've enjoyed more than my share of Jules Vernes, too, and I've heard people call it steampunk but I just couldn't vote for steampunk/clockpunk. I'm sick to death of those. Guess I've just seen too many bad steampunk products.
    GenderNihilismGirdleKamigoroshi
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    biopunk because one day I too hope to be able to do DIY biohacking on my own body in an unsafe basement lab somewhere
    Kamigoroshi
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    When I saw this post I was prepared to write a wall of text because deciding on a favorite punk sub-genre is a really hard thing to do. Then I saw the fiction bit in the name and went "Oh I'll pick steampunk."

I have to admit I have never really delved into any punk fiction besides in media like games and comics. I picked steam punk because I find it to be extremely ascetically pleasing and I look damn good in a top hat with goggles on.
    KamigoroshiGenderNihilismGirdle
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    William Gibson's Neuromancer was one of the greatest books I've ever read.
    KamigoroshiGenderNihilismGirdlebrusCrevsDaak
  • Saber83Saber83 Member Posts: 94
    Steampunk. The way I wish the world was.
    KamigoroshiCrevsDaak