Skip to content

FMC FMT Trueclasses, how can i find theyre usabilities flag?

Gel87Gel87 Member Posts: 158
Currently working on a mod for FMC(Maleficent because she's cool xD), but can't find the FMC usability flag number.... I found that its class id is: 17 though, and kit id: 16384 but 16384 doesn't look correct, Need help :) Kitlist is only for kits, not for trueclasses like FMC. Classtxt.2da shows what i found above.

Btw, im planning to have an item(featered wings) which got one charge to add the Maleficent kit.
When charge is used item will remain. It will then summon a invisible creature by effect, with this script attached:
IF
Class(LastSummonerOf(Myself),FIGHTER_MAGE_CLERIC)
Global("GE3CRE","GLOBAL",1)
ActionListEmpty()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
ActionOverride(LastSummonerOf(Myself),AddKit(GEMAKIT)
SetGlobal("GE3CRE","GLOBAL",2)
END

IF
Global("GE3CRE","GLOBAL",2)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
DestroySelf()
END

Im also planning that the kit shall be able to put **** into staff, will it be able to do so? Or will the FMC class override it into **, which ones counts, class or kit when it comes to how many profience u can put? :)

Last question: Is Spellhold and gibberling forums down?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2016
    If you are asking for what I think you are asking for then I'm pretty sure that would be 15.

The kit would determine how many points you can put towards a weapon type/style.

Yes they are down.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2016

elminster said:

The kit would determine how many points you can put towards a weapon type/style.

No: if you are multiclass you are bound by the trueclass multiclass limits for proficiencies (specialization if one of your classes is a warrior, mere proficiency if neither of them are).

To give a multiclass different proficiency limits, you would need to make a multiclass kit, whichbI don't think @Gel87 is doing here.
    Possibly. I'm assuming there is some kind of kit involved here given these lines "Btw, im planning to have an item(featered wings) which got one charge to add the Maleficent kit." "Im also planning that the kit shall be able to put **** into staff" But I don't know kind of kit it is.
  • Gel87Gel87 Member Posts: 158

elminster said:

No: if you are multiclass you are bound by the trueclass multiclass limits for proficiencies (specialization if one of your classes is a warrior, mere proficiency if neither of them are).

To give a multiclass different proficiency limits, you would need to make a multiclass kit, whichbI don't think @Gel87 is doing here.
    Im trying to make an multiclass kit, never made that before xD Could you help me out? :)
    I have made a lot of kits, but no multiclass before xD
    Can i make it as simple as this?

// this are the races that can choose the kit-- for example, K_T_H means thief human
    // and K_T_D means dwarf thief, so putting those here would make this kit selectable by those classes (from KITTABLE.2DA).
    ~K_FMC_HE~

Then rest as usual?
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    Okay so multiclass kits are a bit difficult because the engine doesn't really support them. If you want to be able to enforce character creation limits and restrictions (alignment/ability scores/proficiencies/etc.), just put them into your add kit function, and be sure that you set the class id to 17 and use the FMC kit tables.

I would encourage you to use the library that I've published if you're making multiclass kits, as it greatly simplifies the process in terms of kit abilities. It also produces the kit tables you would need (as the game does not have the multiclass kit tables present internally).

Okay so multiclass kits are a bit difficult because the engine doesn't really support them. If you want to be able to enforce character creation limits and restrictions (alignment/ability scores/proficiencies/etc.), just put them into your add kit function, and be sure that you set the class id to 17 and use the FMC kit tables.

I would encourage you to use the library that I've published if you're making multiclass kits, as it greatly simplifies the process in terms of kit abilities. It also produces the kit tables you would need (as the game does not have the multiclass kit tables present internally).

Wow thanks a lot :D I try to make one then :D