Skip to content

[BG:EE, BG2:EE, IWD:EE]Problem with Steam and save location

VesimasVesimas Member Posts: 42
edited July 2016 in Troubleshooting
Hello there, some time ago i converted my Beamdog games to Steam and noticed that i kinda lost my save because it didn't used anymore the user/username/document folder but instead used the principal directory of the HD where was installed Steam, in my case D :. At the time didn't matter because i thought about a mistake of Steam and also because i was waiting to build the new rig. Now that i have it and i have reinstalled Win10, Steam and downloaded the games, it happens again!! The three games saves in D : without the directory named like the game so all saves are in D :\save and D :\portraits...There is a way to "tell" Steam and the games to save like before in C:\user\etcetc? TY

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2016
    That is rather strange. I had the same setup (Steam installed in my D drive) and it saves saved games fine in my C drive.

Where are your baldur.lua files being created? (search your computer for your baldur.lua file for one of the games, rename it, and then try starting up that particular game through steam)
  • VesimasVesimas Member Posts: 42
    The same it's in D :\baldur.lua
  • VesimasVesimas Member Posts: 42
    Problem solved!!!!! It was Bitdifender and the ransomware protection of the folder c:\user\document
    Troodon80JuliusBorisovmf2112elminster