Skip to content

[Resolved] BGEE crashes during character creation

pnw_votanpnw_votan Member Posts: 5
edited July 2016 in Troubleshooting
Right after selecting gender. I tried both options, just in case. I tend tried uninstalling it and reinstalling a clean version of the program using STEAM. I did just purchase Seige of Dragonspear as DLC. Otherwise, the program worked fine in the past.

I attach DxDiag.txt.

Any help would be appreciated.
Post edited by pnw_votan on

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    If you go into Options -> Graphics and switch to the Alternative Renderer (and then restart the game) does it work?
  • pnw_votanpnw_votan Member Posts: 5
    elminster said:

If you go into Options -> Graphics and switch to the Alternative Renderer (and then restart the game) does it work?

Yes, Yes, it did. It hung for a second the very first time but now it's working on repeated experiments. How brilliant. How did you know?
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    He is elminster after all.... B-)
    Mr2150
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2016
    pnw_votan said:

elminster said:

Yes, Yes, it did. It hung for a second the very first time but now it's working on repeated experiments. How brilliant. How did you know?
    Its a known issue with OpenGL (which is the default renderer). Typically it happens with Intel related graphics cards, though it may happen with others.

Let me know if you have any further issues.
    pnw_votan
  • pnw_votanpnw_votan Member Posts: 5
    elminster said:

pnw_votan said:

elminster said:

Its a known issue with OpenGL (which is the default renderer). Typically it happens with Intel related graphics cards, though it may happen with others.

Let me know if you have any further issues.
    More than 10 hours with no issues at all. Fully resolved.

Thank you, again.
  • ShinseiShinsei Member Posts: 20
    edited March 2019
    [Edit] Since this thread was already marked "Resolved" I have created a new topic for my questions.
    Post edited by Shinsei on
    JuliusBorisov