Skip to content

Any Mod out there that allows more SoD items to carry over BG2?

I'm aware that this question probably has been asked over several times but I did not find any answer yet (so I think the answer is ''no'').

I'm currently in Chapter 10 in SoD. I just went through most of BG1 as a solo DMM Monk and wanted to eventually solo my way in BG2/ToB with him (I might still run as an evil party since I only played Good characters before but I'd prefer to solo if it isn't as painful as it was by the end of BG1).

Anyways, I have a few nice items from BG1 into SoD that I know I'll lose in BG2 (Cloak of Balduran for example in particular). It seems like the Claw of Khazgaroth can carry over which is nice at least. I know that there are eventually those really good Gloves for Monk in BG2 so I'm not too upset about losing my +1 THAC0/+2 dmg ones from BG1 (the new bracers that I couldn't afford cause of being at 1 rep in SoD also would have been really cool but I would have eventually replaced them with the Gauntlets of Crushing no matter what).

So Monks rely more on lvl than gear and actually, there's almost nothing for them that stands out. I'd even say that the Gauntlets of Crushing is the only true good item in the entire BG2/ToB for Monk (even some of the really good items like Ring of Gaxx have half of their abilities useless for a Monk as the Monk is already immune to poison and disease and can't be hasted unfortunately).

I would have liked to keep the starting boots that give me +1 extra AC but it's not that big of a deal.

Now I just found a really nice headpiece for Monk that I bought off a merchant though that gives me +2 THAC0 unarmed and +5% crit chance unarmed. I went back to look at the list of items that are supposed to carry over (10 items) now that I'm starting to know more items and their names and unfortunately, this item does not make it in there. It makes me sad to see that my Monk will actually possibly end up having weaker gear at the end of ToB than he currently does in SoD... (I know he's still going to be a lot stronger cause of the levels but still).

I'm not familiar with BG mods and I have never installed any. Is there one that would allow me to import the Monk headpiece from SoD over to BG2 so that my Monk can at least have 2 items made for him (Cloak of Balduran also would have been very nice but I think there are 1-2 ok alternatives for cloaks at least, boots and poison dagger would be nice as well but I can do without later in the game)?

I just thought that they would have allowed those items for specific classes that can barely find any item tailored for them to carry over BG2 naturally.

Also, about the cloak of mirroring, how does it work on a Monk that has a fair amount of magic resistance? Does it only reflect the direct single target damage spells that you fail to resist? If so, does that make the cloak weak for Monks overall?

Comments