Skip to content

What would you rather read/play

LordinLordin Member Posts: 30
I grew up in a rather gaming centric family. My dad makes mods for spelunky my mom makes rpg maker games and my older sister makes mods for minecraft. i still haven't gotten around to buying an engine to make games (mostly because i work at subway and i don't get paid enough for the stuff i deal with) but i do enjoy writing. So i was wondering what would you rather read/play Gothic fantasy (vamipres/werewolves/skeletons .etc) or Sword and Sorcery?

Comments

• Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    Sword and Sorcery is considered a specific subgenre of fantasy but the more traditional elements are often seen as a little cliché these days...

For me, Epic Fantasy with a heavy dash of Grimdark would be my pick.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    I prefer sword and sorcery, but they're both good, prevalent genres in fantasy. Pick whatever one you want!
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Niether, both have been done to death. Give me Space Opera.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    The latter. The former has never appealed to me. I read nothing but news, forums and an occasional biography these days though.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I like to play a game if it's interesting/has good gameplay/combat/is funny to replay/is addictive/has a good plot/the setting is rich. Don't care much if it's about knights and dragons, spacemen and aliens or assassins and vampires while the game is good.

And I don't really have a scheme on what I read. I literally swap between bestsellers these days and Nobel prized books, lol.