Skip to content

Idea for getting Dorn early - Spoiler

So...I'm sure others have thought of it, but I just haven't seen it posted. OK, my evil party killed the boss in chapter 8 without a tank and Dorn is several steps away in Chapter 9. So...the first time in chapter 9 I battled through all the monsters in Forest of Wyrms, the monsters in the cave, etc, and got to the temple prisoner with the badge. Listened to his whining, battled more monsters, freed the prisoner, got the badge. Way too much work. This time with a little cheese, I went to FoW, used Baeloth to invisible myself at the beginning, walked through FoW, the cave, and strait to the temple. Since I am evil, I had one character flip the stabby switch, quicklooted the badge, and reinvisibled myself back out and went directly to Boareskyr Bridge to pick up my tank. Now I can start Chapter 9 properly. :)

Comments

• LoveViconiaLoveViconia Member Posts: 196
    Did you try to kill him at the begin before the party leave? I don't know if it works.
  • KennisKennis Member Posts: 124
    I went into the temple and spoke with the dwarf, and then immediately flipped the spike switch. Didn't encounter anyone else in the temple and quick looted the badge. It all went rather smoothly. I haven't tried the mod yet as I wanted to see how tough the previous dungeon and battle were- I had Viconia at -10 AC and Charname-swashbuckler and M'hkiin he shaman. Edwin and Baeloth were using the fireball wands a lot against the undead.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    You don't need to do the Forest of Wyms before getting Dorn at all. You can just sneak or talk (with enough charisma) your way into the Crusader Camp and rescue him at the beginning of the chapter.

Dorn is a rubbish tank though, he is hardly worth the effort on that count.
  • PeLLeT_RSDPeLLeT_RSD Member Posts: 55
    So this is why I got him earlier! I thought it was a bug or maybe because I used him through BG1EE as well.

Anyway, he did spoke as if he was just released from the cage after I crossed the bridge.
    Awesome on getting him with CHR- i think Charname has a modified 21. :)
    OK, I went directly to the camp, and with a 21 CHR for Charname, selected the following options:
    4: I am a fellow crusader, here with a message for the camp commander, let me in.
    1: I've been on a secret mission. It's very important that I speak with the commander.
    3: I've a message for the Barghest, from Baldur's Gate.
    2: I must give it to the Barghest directly.
    1: This is a matter of some urgency. I'll do as you say, but please - do it quickly that I might relay my message.
    - Taken into custody
    Custody - you're in cells near Dorn, with all your items. Open the door with a thief and the Mercenary guard lets you go (he's from Nashkel).
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    ^^same, although my charisma was only 19. I wasn't actually trying to get to Dorn, it was just the first thing I tried.