Skip to content

IE utilities (DLTCEP and IELISTER)

Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
edited July 2012 in General Modding
The most recent versions could be downloaded from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gemrb/files/Utilities/
AndreaColombolansounetFredSRichardsonCuvsalomonkanecmorganNWN_babaYagaArchaicTsyrithCrevsDaak

Comments

• FredSRichardsonFredSRichardson Member Posts: 465
    Very nice! I applaud the long term commitment you guys have made to this and related IE engine tools!
  • cmorgancmorgan Member Posts: 707
    Avenger, is this for the 32 or 64 bit version of Total Commander? I have not used it, but it looks darned interesting.
  • WindsongWindsong Member Posts: 21
    Will DLTCEP and savegame editors such as Gatekeeper and Shadowkeeper still work with the new BGEE engine?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    cmorgan said:

Avenger, is this for the 32 or 64 bit version of Total Commander? I have not used it, but it looks darned interesting.

I assume 32 bits, since i have only winxp, and this is around for 5-6 years already. I use it for 64 bit linux (find the source on site)
    Windsong said:

Will DLTCEP and savegame editors such as Gatekeeper and Shadowkeeper still work with the new BGEE engine?

BGEE devs use it. So, i guess it will work :)
  • WindsongWindsong Member Posts: 21
    Thanks. I know it's not really a modding tool, but does anyone know at this time if savegame editors like Shadowkeeper will work with the new BGEE engine?
    Most likely, yes, but i'm not in the position to promise that. SK is not actively supported, i think. So, even the slightest change in the formats can break it.
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    edited September 2012
    @Avenger_teambg Do you think it is possible to break the limitation of 256 colors for the bam files ? I don't ask this, for a file like a potion (with transparency), but for the buttons on GUI.
    @Kerozevok i don't think so. If the limit is broken, it is not a .bam anymore.
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    edited September 2012
    And the engine won't recognize the file.. ok ok.. thanks for the answer.
    Post edited by Kerozevok on
  • SFischSFisch Member Posts: 59
    What is IELISTER?
  • SFischSFisch Member Posts: 59
    Thanks! I shall check it out.
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    I see it has been updated, I'll get it like NOW.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    It doesn't look like its reading the world map for BGEE correctly.
  • syllogsyllog Member Posts: 158
    edited December 2013
    So this is Windows only; no Mac support? (I saw one wine-wrapped version, but it is out of date...)
    All DLTCEP works under Wine so-so. There are some wine bugs that they still didn't fix in 10 years :)
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited December 2013
    I've got DLTCEP 7.6g working under Wine. The biggest issue is that settings paths outside the emulated Windows filesystem don't work. I used @Nifft's trick and created symbolic links in the C:\Program Files\ directory inside the wrapper to the Resources directories for BG:EE and BG2:EE.. Then, you tell DLTCEP that BGEE and BG2EE are in C:\Program Files\BGEE and C:\Program Files\BG2EE, respectively.
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    How does DLTCEP work with Weidu? Does it do Weidu's job of avoiding string references?
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    ? Do you mean does it create new strings? Not that i know of. But weidu is great for that.

Are you familiar with SAY ?

? Do you mean does it create new strings? Not that i know of. But weidu is great for that.

Actually dltcep does create new strings if the old reference is set to -1 first. Otherwise, it overwrites the previous string. There is also an option to always create new strings, or reuse existing strings if there is an exact match. You will always need weidu if you want an installable mod anyway. DLTCEP can also export/import small mods in the IAP/TBG format, but weidu surpassed these features a long time ago.
    GodGrammarsalad
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582

Actually dltcep does create new strings if the old reference is set to -1 first. Otherwise, it overwrites the previous string. There is also an option to always create new strings, or reuse existing strings if there is an exact match. You will always need weidu if you want an installable mod anyway. DLTCEP can also export/import small mods in the IAP/TBG format, but weidu surpassed these features a long time ago.
    Well then...awesome!