Skip to content

Rasaad quest - how do I get there?

I picked up Rasaad later than most would: he spawned at level 6 for me. I just want to have him tag along so I can get his side quest. I'm not a fan of monks, but I bought his extra feature and I want to try the quest out.

How do I get the quest to start?

Thanks!

Comments

• KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    Nobody knows how to trigger Rasaads quest for his belt?
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    Belt? I don't know about a belt. But to trigger the quest you have to have him in the party a certain number of days. After a few days he will trigger a dialogue. After a few more days another dialogue. Learn as much as you can. He should tell you of his lost brother and his search for Alorgoth. Then venture to the docks district at night, which should trigger an encounter. (After a few more days?)

Also, make sure you talk to the harper in the north part of the docks, that encounter might prevent the rasaad quest from triggering.
  • AnaxieAnaxie Member Posts: 79
    edited July 2016
    have him recruited for 30 days before going to the docks at night when Commoners are not on the streets in Baldurs gate

By then he should tell you a story about his brother Gamaz

MEANING

Recruit him in Nashkel when you meet him then drop him if you only want him for the quest. his timer will keep going

if his speech starts looping and he bugs out and leaves the party immediatly. Quicksave and Load before he leaves party. It will fix it and he will do a banter instead.

And yes the big fisted belt is amazing to enhance ANY of the fighter characters in the game. I usually slap that bad boy on Kagain.

19 str
    18 dex with gloves
    20 con

Not bad for someone who used to be
    16 str
    12 dex
    20 con

Fucking beast Axe man
    Anaxie said:

have him recruited for 30 days before going to the docks at night when Commoners are not on the streets in Baldurs gate

By then he should tell you a story about his brother Gamaz

MEANING

Recruit him in Nashkel when you meet him then drop him if you only want him for the quest. his timer will keep going

if his speech starts looping and he bugs out and leaves the party immediatly. Quicksave and Load before he leaves party. It will fix it and he will do a banter instead.

And yes the big fisted belt is amazing to enhance ANY of the fighter characters in the game. I usually slap that bad boy on Kagain.

19 str
    18 dex with gloves
    20 con

Not bad for someone who used to be
    16 str
    12 dex
    20 con

Fucking beast Axe man

thanks. Strange: according to my journal, he's been in the party for 35 days. I'm in the BG docks, at night, and nothing.

Enter the docks at nighttime. Don't rest in the docks?
    I did that. Are there dialog choices I need to make before going there?
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    There is a bug where if you only have Rasaad join after he attacks the assassin that attacks you after Nashkel mines then the scene in the docks won't happen later and you can't do his quest. If you search the forum there is more info on this. If you play on PC you can reset the problem with the console (see search results) if you are just on iPad no such luck. Can't believe they haven't patched this yet, it's bee years now.
    JuliusBorisov
    That's the problem. Thank you.

I'll get it next time. :)
    FinnTheHuman
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

There is a bug where if you only have Rasaad join after he attacks the assassin that attacks you after Nashkel mines then the scene in the docks won't happen later and you can't do his quest. If you search the forum there is more info on this. If you play on PC you can reset the problem with the console (see search results) if you are just on iPad no such luck. Can't believe they haven't patched this yet, it's bee years now.

I always wait until getting to Baldur's Gate to pick up Rasaad so I can do his quest and then switch him out and I've never had this happen to me. Try rest somewhere that is not the docks district, then enter at night. It is really finicky for some reason, but if the moon is at about the half-way point of the indicator at the bottom left of the screen, it usually triggers for me.
    mf2112
    edited July 2016
    Think most people use Rasaad like that. Monks are terrible at low level particularly Rasaad.

Nevermind his Haste immunity doesn't help him AT ALL
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    edited July 2016
    You don't need to have Rasaad in your party all the time. You just need to develop his dialogue.

When you first enter Nashkel, recruit him, and then you can immediately kick him again.

Then after 15 days or so, return to Nashkel and recruit him again. Keep him around for a bit, and he should open a dialogue. After resolving the dialogue, send him back to Nashkel.

Then another 15 days or so later, when you're almost ready to enter Baldur's Gate, return to Nashkel and recruit him again. Keep him around until he opens his second dialogue, then head towards the Harbor area. Try timing it, so that you arrive there in the evening, then wait for the night to pass.
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    Anaxie said:

Think most people use Rasaad like that. Monks are terrible at low level particularly Rasaad.

I agree. I do this. I also kick him out after the quest is over, leaving him on some cold mountain to think about what he's done. Poor Rasaad. I do like his character. He's probably my favorite Beamdog content.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Note, a lot of people have trouble getting the docks event to happen (me included). There is a scripted encounter with an NPC in the north of the docks area not related with Rasaad. Trigger that first, then leave and come back. Just going at night doesn't seem to work consistently for me either. I've onle ever gotten it to trigger LATE night. The moon in the little indicator has always been really close to top edge for me when it happens.
  • BrockBrock Member Posts: 10
    Thanks a have finished. Simply travel with him for up to 30 days, Several dialogues follow. And at night to the docks. The Quest itself is pretty easy. Oh yes, the new area can be reached from the Nashkel Mines heading east o:)