Skip to content

Some portraits

Some portraits people can use, made with my Portrait Wizard software.

Feedback Appreciated!

Comments

• JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Awesome. A bit cartoony for my tastes for Baldur's Gate, but good none-the-less.
  • KmanyKmany Member Posts: 14

Awesome. A bit cartoony for my tastes for Baldur's Gate, but good none-the-less.

Thanks!
    Yeah they are a bit cartoony, but I will work on pieces that better fits a Baldurs style.
    Yep, there it is.. Not sure if it is okay to link it here, but thanks!

Made some clothes.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
    I like these better.
    Aerakar said:

I like these better.

Thanks! They are a little more Baldursey.. if that is a word..
    I will keep working on my software.. eventually I will get there..
  • BanArdBanArd Member Posts: 60
    The second batch is better, much more like BG.

Suggestion: try to make the BG NPCs; a huge effort, but if it's consistent, I'm sure people will use your pack.
    BanArd said:

The second batch is better, much more like BG.

Suggestion: try to make the BG NPCs; a huge effort, but if it's consistent, I'm sure people will use your pack.

Yeah I might do that sometime..
    Here is a game of thrones inspired portrait.

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Baldurs gate portraits typically feature about 50% head and bottom 50% body.

If you were able to move up your portraits to feature more body they would look more baldur's gatey

Baldurs gate portraits typically feature about 50% head and bottom 50% body.

If you were able to move up your portraits to feature more body they would look more baldur's gatey

Keep in mind that these pictures are made, (puzzled together) in my software, and it would be a lot of work to remake the body ratio and move everything at this point.
    I have been thinking to do, or build up a bust or whole body generator of this program at some point, if this portrait generator is well received by people.

Of course I could easily draw out a body, or whatever for each portrait, after it is generated, but that kind of defeats the purpose here, since I want feedback on my software. It is a lot of work to draw all the pieces and more body, makes a lot more work.

Thanks for the suggestion tho, i will think about it..
    Been working on the software quite a lot, so I made some new pics..

pics.jpg 198.1K
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    The first one looks good, you are getting better there. To me the first one (and the second one to a lesser extent) looks like a person that has been cartoonized as opposed to a cartoon that has been personized. Are you making changes to the software itself or spending more time on each portrait?
    mf2112 said:

The first one looks good, you are getting better there. To me the first one (and the second one to a lesser extent) looks like a person that has been cartoonized as opposed to a cartoon that has been personized. Are you making changes to the software itself or spending more time on each portrait?

I am just adding more content to work with atm.
    Clothes.. noses.. beards.. and I am touching up some old content too.
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    I think they look great - my only criticism would be that they look like someone has just pinched them somewhere delicate. Can you make a range of expressions?
    Mr2150 said:

I think they look great - my only criticism would be that they look like someone has just pinched them somewhere delicate. Can you make a range of expressions?

THanks!
    Yeah you can change mouth and angle the eyes to create expressions.
    Every mouth comes in a number of different expressions.
    The software is Greenlit on Steam and almost done, so here are a few examples of what it is capable of in its current state. Feedback is appreciated!