Skip to content

Wireless Logitech mice pan instead of zoom when using scroll wheel [Mac] [Steam, Beamdog]

modestvoltamodestvolta Member Posts: 108
edited July 2016 in Troubleshooting
This may be a Mac only issue (haven't had a chance to try on PC yet), but I've found that wireless Logitech mice can not be used to zoom in the game. This is for both 1.3 (or whatever latest version of IWD is) and patch 2.0. (Apologies for not trying on latest version of game but in the middle of a modded BG game (using only Tweaks) that I am trying not to overwrite.)

I guess the first question: Is this an actual issue or a mod issue?

If real issue, does anyone have any work arounds? I have a wired Logitech mouse that behaves as expected. I've tried two wireless Logitech mice that both have the same issue.
Post edited by modestvolta on

Comments

• modestvoltamodestvolta Member Posts: 108
    edited July 2016
    This is why I shouldn't do my posts from mobile; updating to include bug report info.

1. Game Version
    IWD 1.4, BG 2.0.62.2, BG2 2.3.67.3

2. System Information
    MacOS X El Capitan, 10.11.4
    15" MacBook Pro, mid-2009, 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, 8 GB Ram

3. Mod Information
    BG2: unmodded
    IWD, BG: Tweaks

Expected behavior: Scrolling the mouse wheel will zoom the view of the map in or out.

Actual behavior: Scrolling the mouse wheel scrolls the view window up and down when using wireless Logitech mice (essentially panning the view). I've tested with two separate Logitech mice of different models. This is not the case for wired mouse of same brand (Logitech). Would try with extra mice, but these are the only ones I have laying around...