Skip to content

Some Effects from Planescape:Torment, please

chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
Flash, Vibrate and Tint Playing Screen and various casting glows and such would be enormously good for a bunch of things.
God

Comments

• EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    If I am correct, Beamdog don't have license to use content from Planescape Torment.
    But you can always hope for Planescape Torment: Enhanced edition. :smile:
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    No license? So does that mean we can't use content from Torment in mods for the BG series?
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited July 2016
    Modders can use them for their mods as long as they are free. Beamdog cannot use them without licensing.
    EdvinMr2150
    And what about Beamdog's own content from SoD?
    edited July 2016
    I assume they have the requisite licensing. :) If you are asking about re-using the torment content from SoD then I am not an expert but I believe you are fine as long as the mod is released for free, no commercial gain, normal mod rules.
    My comment didn't go through. I asked, what about engine mechanics of PST? Can Beamdog transport them to its games? No, right?
    Beyond my knowledge there, sorry. :)
    I guess they can't, if they don't have a license. Too bad. Some nice visuals in Torment.
    Wait, that's off-topic. Resources like creatures etc. What I wanted to know is if Beamdog could carry over engine mechanics to their own engine? The answer is not until they buy the license, right?