Skip to content

the longer road mod for tob

DjinnDjinn Member Posts: 76
edited June 2016 in BGII:EE Mods
Hey all
Does anyone know if The Longer Road ør Redemption mods by Dorotea are compatible with bg2 ee as it stands?

Comments

• nysinysi Member Posts: 60
    You should be interested by this post : https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/37579/longer-road-working-in-bg2ee

I started to play it recently. It worked for me until Jon recruitement. I do not plan to go further for the moment and can't tell you more.
    The french translation is having issue (Ellesime apparition is bugged), but it work for me in english. I don't know for the spanish one.

• IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    @nysi Languages using special characters such as French and Spanish require a special handling to convert those characters in a new character encoding (UTF8) before installation. Otherwise the special characters based on the encoding used in BG / BG II (original version) will crash BGEE / BG2EE.
    Some of the mods that have been ported to BGEE / BG2EE include either texts in UTF8 or a way to convert them while installing the mod. But of course, this is only for mods that have been adapted.

For French languages, I gave some more detailled explanation and a script to download and run to make the conversion before installing a mod.
    This is only for French although it could easily be adapted for other languages: all it needs is changing the language directory typical name used by mods for the specific language (french and francais for instance).
  • nysinysi Member Posts: 60
    Hello Isaya,

Glad to see old members of the copper coronet here :)
    I renounced to play BG in french because I find the voicing in BG1 is terrible, and I'm now used to play it in VO.
    Thanks anyway for your many tutorial :), it may serves others.