Skip to content

mod for stuff to be more abundant

ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
I'm looking for a mod around to make potions more abundant. It seems there are almost no potions to be bought, and if there are they are the 9 hp version. I would love to see extra healing potions and big potions to be introduced inside Baldur's gate 1. IS there a mod for that? They don't have to be in each enemy I meet, it could be ok even if only Thalantyr have them..

Comments

• RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Are you just looking for healing potions, or others as well? The Critter Parts mod adds an NPC who will trade you Antidote potions for spider parts that you can harvest from the spiders you kill.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    every type of potions, apart from these that are pretty useless in general (I'm referring to potions that you do not use in teamfights, but only for specific task, e.g potion of focusing).

By the way, what's this critter parts mod? I'll be looking around for it
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
  • jobbyjobby Member Posts: 181
    edited July 2016
    Scs also has a component that gives enemies potions, it also gives them the ai to use them though.
    Regardless it increases the number of potions you can attain quite substantially.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    edited July 2016
    really? I find that there is almost too many potions in the game, for example EVERY temple/priest at temples sells elixers of health, which heal 10 HP and cure poison at the same time, potions of extra healing are way to powerful and over powering in BG1 (hence the reason why there aren't there)

it may seem that potions of extra healing are convenient but what you will realize is that they will greatly trivialize battles to making them easy as pie, but it is your game I suppose, so play it the way you wish

what you could do if you don't want to install mods is use the handy dandy cheats codes to summon them in:
    potion of extra healing: POTN52
    potion of superior healing: POTN55

and if you want to bring in more than one at a time, so lets say 5 for example, this is how you would do it:
    C:CreateItem("potn52",5)

that above command will bring in 5 potions of extra healing, if you want more, just change the 5 to whatever value you wish

and if you want to "justify" using cheats to summon them in, you can take away some party gold to do so, to make it feel more "legitimate"

so for example if you want each potion of extra healing to cost 1000 gold and you bring in 5 at a time you could do a cheat code line like this:

C:AddGold("-5000")

that command line will take off 5000 gold from your current amount, to help make it so it feels a little bit more legitmate

but if ya really want, I suppose I could change up thalantyr's store for ya so he is holding those potions, just tell me how many you want of each kind and how much you want their base price to be, and I will make up a mod for ya
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    I already use SCS

Honestly especially against mages I do feel like there are not enough poitions and stuff of this sort. If I die, the run is done for good. I'm not doing a no-reload but I'm having difficulties even with a run where I can load and quicksave.

Anyway, found such a mod:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/33078/a-potions-seller-in-bg-ee#latest