Skip to content

Siege of Dragonspear Walkthrough

2»

Comments

• inethineth Member Posts: 707
    I love your walkthrough, @Lilura.
    It's enjoyable to read, and I always had a look when I reached the end of a map/chapter, to find out what I missed... ;)
    (And in one or two cases it also helped me when I was stuck.)

Now that parts IX and X are out, I see that I totally missed that there even were side-quests in the Dragonspear Castle courtyard. :flushed:
    The story conveyed a sense of urgency, so I just pushed onward...
    It does seem weird that they decided to make that a quest hub.
    Liluramf2112brus
  • LiluraLilura Member Posts: 148
    ineth said:

The story conveyed a sense of urgency, so I just pushed onward...

I would probably have done that if I wasn't writing a walkthrough. But I had ppl pulling me up in the early Parts for missing instances of stat-based reactivity, so I couldn't skip a whole area even if I think it's mostly humdrum.

Thank you for your kind words, Ineth.

mf2112JuliusBorisov
  • VbibbiVbibbi Member Posts: 229
    I really liked that the Crusaders also had some quests we could do, it helped demonstrate that they were just people, too, who believed in their mission.
    Liluramf2112
  • the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    I finished SOD for the first time last night. I have been playing on Insane difficulty and I imported from BGEE insane difficulty with SCS. My progression has been pretty close to this guide. I would usually play an area and once I finished it, the guide would be done a day later and I could check and see if I missed anything.

I just figured I would drop in and say thanks for taking the time to make this guide. It was a nice companion throughout my play through. As for the game, I am thinking about writing a personal review of it if I find the time.
    mf2112Mr2150LiluraJuliusBorisov
    edited July 2016
    I'm pleased to hear that you found my walkthrough to be "a companion" to your playing of the Siege campaign.

I have often thought of walkthroughs like this, too.

Siege of Dragonspear Walkthrough - Part XIV
    Post edited by Lilura on
    mf2112JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Awesome! How did you like the expansion overall?
    Lilura
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    I'm playing through both Swordflight and MotB with your walkthroughs at the moment. Really interesting modules and the walkthroughs are very helpful!
    Lilura
    Thanks, Doubledimas. Swordflight is the best D&D RPG I have ever played - a peerless exemplar for the genre.

I recommend it to fans of the Baldur's Gate Series. Beamdog devs could learn a thing or two from it, too!
    stu-k
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited July 2016
    Lilura said:

Thanks, Doubledimas. Swordflight is the best D&D RPG I have ever played - a peerless exemplar for the genre.

I recommend it to fans of the Baldur's Gate Series. Beamdog devs could learn a thing or two from it, too!

I'll have to play Swordflight at some point... Glad to see you played Bastard of Kosigan as well, despite the bugs that plague that series. That was one of the most enjoyable nwn modules for me, royal intrigue has never been quite that fun.

Aielund saga is also a well written series, but a little heavy handed in the last part of the saga with the good aligned roleplay and ehm power creep.
    Lilura
    batoor said:

Glad to see you played Bastard of Kosigan as well, despite the bugs that plague that series. That was one of the most enjoyable nwn modules for me, royal intrigue has never been quite that fun.

This one powers along like a page-turning novel. This is how you write dialogue for an RPG. Cerutti is now a novelist.
  • RezkallaRezkalla Member Posts: 20
    I can't find the tree for the blackthorn bark cure to save my life. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've looked everywhere.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Are you in the correct map area? The blackthorn bark quest-giver doesn't mark it on your map so it is possible to get mixed up and go to the wrong area.

(If you're in the correct area yet can't find the bark, then you just need to find the "strange tree" map marker and then click on the tree trunk.)
  • RezkallaRezkalla Member Posts: 20
    jsaving said:

Are you in the correct map area? The blackthorn bark quest-giver doesn't mark it on your map so it is possible to get mixed up and go to the wrong area.

(If you're in the correct area yet can't find the bark, then you just need to find the "strange tree" map marker and then click on the tree trunk.)
    No, I wasn't, Realized that right after I made the comment. I was just being obtuse.
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Just want to say thanks @Lilura as your walkthrough helped me through my first two runs and felt like you covered everything and wouldve missed so much with out it :smile:
    LiluraJuliusBorisovmf2112
    Thanks, brunardo. I missed a lot of stuff.. it was written during my one and only run but people have kindly left comments with additions and clarifications.
    JuliusBorisovmf2112