Skip to content

Animation-specific sounds

SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
How exactly could I tweak the sounds that are automatically tied to animations?

For instance, if you put the Sirine animation on a charname with a soundset, you'll still hear the Sirine's shrieks when she dies regardless of the manual soundset.

My actual problem is I'm trying to use the Black Dragon in BGEE, I got the anim part working perfectly, but when the dragon attacks it just plays a random human speech line (Black Lily's "twill be the darkest day before" ect) instead of a dragon roar. Red and Silver have no such problem and everything is well. I am using 1.3 incase it matters.

I can use DLTC decently though I never had much luck with NearInfinity

any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    There are two different file types which define basic creature sounds: 2DA and INI. For the black dragon try modifying 1201.INI or MDR2.2DA. The INI file type is more advanced, but I don't know if BG1EE v1.3 already supports it.

Creature files themselves contains sound slots as well. You should clear them all if you ported the files over from BG2, or they will use invalid or incorrect string references.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    thanks for the response! I'm not quite sure how to access these files but I will do my best.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    got it fixed nicely

That's pretty funny actually. Black Lily's reference lines from BG1 are indeed 1:1 the same as the black dragon's references in BG2, resulting in a conflict :D