Skip to content

LoB Drizzt

Has anyone killed Drizzt on LoB? If so, how? Did it take excessive cheese? Or do the gnolls practically kill him on their own now with their boosted stats?

Doing a LoB run and I kinda really want his phat loot... >:)

Comments

• randomhero890randomhero890 Member Posts: 86
    The gnolls kill him themselves if you just sit back. I remember in the game I played he just sat there and didn't attack, he might have been bugged out
    joluv
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Oh, weird. Looks bugged to me.
    lolien
  • LordVemLordVem Member Posts: 28
    edited July 2016
    Hmmm, he usually has 4 1/2 attacks per round and LoB adds +1 apr. Maybe him having over 5 apr bugs out? Can anyone confirm this?

Also, where did u look that up?
    joluv
    edited July 2016
    So, I confirmed that Drizzt just sits there on LoB doing nothing. Casts bless, prot fire/cold then just nothing. U can even attack him and he doesn't retatiate at all.

Reported as bug on redmine.

joluvlolien
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    LordVem said:

Also, where did u look that up?

I used ctrl+q to add him to my party and then pulled up his character record.
    mf2112lolien
    Oh cool, didn't know you could look at creatures records when you did that.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    hahahahaha, ah the delicious irony, I love how the devs have tried so hard to make it so killing drizzt with exploits was no longer possible that they accidently made him easily killable with LoB mode because of the APR thing, lolololololololol

now based on that as well, I see they changed his save vs death save as well, in the vanilla game his save vs death used to be 1, now it is 2, most interesting indeed
    lunar
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    sarevok57 said:

hahahahaha, ah the delicious irony, I love how the devs have tried so hard to make it so killing drizzt with exploits was no longer possible that they accidently made him easily killable with LoB mode because of the APR thing, lolololololololol

now based on that as well, I see they changed his save vs death save as well, in the vanilla game his save vs death used to be 1, now it is 2, most interesting indeed

What ticks me off about this is that you used to be able to kill Drizzt legitimately with a Fighter/Thief with two backstabs. Now for no reason at all he can see through stealth. He's supposed to be a ranger, they could have given him the Invisibility Purge spell but no, he just ignores it and hacks away.
    sarevok57
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    Kurona said:

What ticks me off about this is that you used to be able to kill Drizzt legitimately with a Fighter/Thief with two backstabs. Now for no reason at all he can see through stealth. He's supposed to be a ranger, they could have given him the Invisibility Purge spell but no, he just ignores it and hacks away.

It does somewhat fit with his training in the novels. I seem to recall him training inside darkness globes to remove relying on sight to parry.

It's cheesy, but consistent maybe.
    sarevok57
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Hudzy said:

Kurona said:

It does somewhat fit with his training in the novels. I seem to recall him training inside darkness globes to remove relying on sight to parry.

It's cheesy, but consistent maybe.
    This is why you don't go weeks without bathing. You start to offend elvish senses so much they want to stab you in the face. Repeatedly.
    lolienGrumsarevok57