Skip to content

If Glint, Corwin and Co. would make it into BG2, what would it be like? [SPOILERS]

2»

Comments

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited July 2016
    It doesn't really matter if Corwin was killed, anyway. Plenty of characters are in BG2, when they may well have died in BG1. It's clearly not a canonical perma-death, any more than if she had died in battle.
  • LoveViconiaLoveViconia Member Posts: 196
    What were you playing when duncan has helped you? Because so far 99,9% of the time it was duncan the one who wanted to kill me.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited July 2016
    He liked me with my rep 20 NG female Blade. It may be tied to specific quest outcomes though, rather than just rep. Maybe how many alliance troops die even?
    No idea, I did play a female too with hight rep but still he is the one who wants me dead, and i was not romancing Corwin who still kept my side. I'll EEkeep it but it's strange, because duncan is the first one who sees you and he is the first one who accuses you, like if he has something to hide.
  • KhalDrogoKhalDrogo Member Posts: 60
    edited July 2016
    @LoveViconia

In my case I played a female Paladin with 20 rep, whom had a romance with Corwin and I did all good action during SoD.
    Post edited by KhalDrogo on
    Weird, let me add some more, i played a thief, i only had good rep and on the trial i said about rep, and belt came to get me out of jail. I also played the same as you but still Corwin took my side. I think it's about more then just the trial.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Calemyr said:

I will say I like the idea of a BG1NPC style community mod, bringing in people with a broad range of skills and styles to continue the story.

The model exists, it's just a question of whether people want to make them. EE-specific content mods are still relatively rare, suggesting less interest within the community.
  • VbibbiVbibbi Member Posts: 229
    My first playthrough I had to escape through the sewers and Ducan and Corwin stopped me. Corwin decided to help me escape and held off Duncan and the FF troops and it was heavily implied that she died in allowing our escape. But yes, as this is Forgotten Realms I think it would be easy enough to hand wave her resurrection.
    Testing and cracking :)
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744

Voghiln: He is really a flat character ... but that also means he can go into a lot of directions. Maybe it turns out that under his carefree fassade there is actually something deeper burried.

There is. Amber had a pretty fantastic personal quest worked out for Voghiln that took him to a whole other level, character-wise. Unfortunately, it was cut for a variety of reasons.

• AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    Fardragon said:

There seem to be a great many different ways the epilogue can play out.

There's a few ways it can go, for sure. Off the top of my head I can think of... six versions we had set up, though I'm not 100% sure they all got implemented in the end. The sewer confrontation sequence was planned from very early on in the game, but was modified dramatically throughout development in response to what the engine could actually accommodate, to say nothing of how certain characters might or might not respond under the circumstances.

No, all i keep getting from safana is this.

And about duncan he still comes as enemy, Corwin doesn't matter what, in group, romanced, whatever, is always there visiting and taking your side unless you threat to kill her. Ok.
  • Camus34Camus34 Member Posts: 210
    I've said before, that Corwin could be brought to Amn concerning her daughter. There is a slave trade, and in fact there is a mission involving the underground slave trade in Amn. Corwin's daughter could be kidnapped into the Amnian slave trade, thus Corwin could go to Amn to look for her.