Skip to content

[Resolved] Game-breaking bug: Crash on entering Graveyard district at night. Help!

CapnSniffiesCapnSniffies Member Posts: 25
edited July 2016 in Troubleshooting
I'm currently in chapter 3 of BG2:EE having recently finished all the side quests. Any time I attempt to go to the graveyard district at night, the game crashes. It also crashes if I rest there in daytime to make it night. Since I know I'm going to have to come back here later in the game at night, I'm rather concerned that I won't be able to progress. Anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this?

I'm thinking it may be tied to the Shadow Thief vs Bodhi questline. I joined the shadow thieves without visiting the graveyard at night first, and the quest to do so is still in the journal. Not sure just hoping someone could shed some light on this.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    If you already gave the 15K to the Shadow Thieves, then you are committed so don't try going to the graveyard. Just complete the quests for them and go to Brynnlaw next.
  • CapnSniffiesCapnSniffies Member Posts: 25
    Isn't there a point in chapter 6 where you must go to the graveyard at night to meet Bodhi? I'm just concered I'll get toward the end of the game and get stuck.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Yes, in chapter 6 whenever you go to the graveyard time will automatically be advanced to midnight and you will be met at the entry point.
    I thought so. Now I'm a bit concerned to continue in case this breaks the game at that point. I haven't found much on Google related to this issue. Any ideas?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Can you attach your save, so we can take a look?
    argent77 said:

Can you attach your save, so we can take a look?

Gladly, soon as I get home from work this evening.
    edited July 2016
    Here's one of the affected save files. I've tried it on two different PC, and crashes on both. You can either rest in the graveyard to night or attempt to travel there at night, and the game will crash.

EDIT: I suppose I should add I'm running v1.3 as I was encountering a number of problems in 2.0+
    Post edited by CapnSniffies on
    edited July 2016
    Alright, so before anyone wastes their time trying to figure this out, once I updated to 2.3 it's no longer an issue. I'm guessing this may have something to do with the fact that I started the game up to Chapter 2 on v2.2 and then rolled back to 1.3.

Forgot to mention this is a multiplayer game with myself and a friend. We've been having a ton of issues since v2.2 (constant crashing and serious lag bug that seems to be tied to character slots and containers). Really hope a good patch for multiplayer stability comes out soon for v2.0+. It's nigh unplayable now for us unfortunately =\