Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Basilisks and Greater Basilisks

Does anyone know after all these patches, the petrify effect of both basilisks and greater basilisks have any saving throws and what do we save vs (previously was spell)?

Comments

  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    It should be against petrification?

  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 9,573
    edited July 2016
    *edit* I am stupid, it is indeed a save vs. pertrification at a -4 penalty.

    mf2112
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @mf2112 and @thedamages thank you.
    Wow -4 penalty ... OUCH~ !!
    No wonder when I brought the saves down to 1 I still get "stoned" ...
    I was just trying to figure out a way without using protection stuffs ... looks like not in BGEE then ...

  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Bubbles said:

    @mf2112 and @thedamages thank you.
    Wow -4 penalty ... OUCH~ !!
    No wonder when I brought the saves down to 1 I still get "stoned" ...
    I was just trying to figure out a way without using protection stuffs ... looks like not in BGEE then ...

    No protections? Why not? Protection from Petrification is just a first level spell and lasts for an hour. I usually keep scrolls for it. The gaze reflection potions don't last long enough, I never bother with them. Or use Korax the ghoul for a while. :)

    LordVem
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 402
    It's not hard to find prot from petrification spells, and if your main isn't a melee type it's not difficult to bring a few stone to flesh scrolls in case you run into a few you didn't know about.

  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    mf2112 said:


    No protections? Why not? Protection from Petrification is just a first level spell and lasts for an hour. I usually keep scrolls for it. The gaze reflection potions don't last long enough, I never bother with them. Or use Korax the ghoul for a while. :)

    1 hour in game though. Which I think is... 10 minutes? Of real time?

    lolien
  • LordVemLordVem Member Posts: 28
    edited July 2016
    10 min of real time should get even a solo character through most of the basilisks on the map. Cast twice if need be.

    IIRC, skeletons are immune, so u can cast animate dead and get them to tank for u. That lasts 8 hrs.

    lolienmf2112sarevok57
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @mf2112 @Gallenger @blackchimes @LordVem
    Usually when I play BGEE through to ToB, I always try to pretend I do not know the monsters in any terrain while exploring. Thus I always will prepare the scouting character with permanent protections (such as those lowering the saves down to 1 or lower when the saving bug usually kicks in for BG2EE but I am not sure for BGEE if that bug exist), and fast movement to run back to the party when the scout spotted potential danger, sometimes using wizard eye when available to simulate a more realism.
    This approach to gameplay is often most dangerous when entering a new map where the whole party need to go in together (especially the room where a whole bunch of "Eye" balls xD aka beholder of various sizes awaits.

    lolienmf2112
  • randomhero890randomhero890 Member Posts: 82
    edited July 2016
    Bubbles said:

    @mf2112 @Gallenger @blackchimes @LordVem
    Usually when I play BGEE through to ToB, I always try to pretend I do not know the monsters in any terrain while exploring. Thus I always will prepare the scouting character with permanent protections (such as those lowering the saves down to 1 or lower when the saving bug usually kicks in for BG2EE but I am not sure for BGEE if that bug exist), and fast movement to run back to the party when the scout spotted potential danger, sometimes using wizard eye when available to simulate a more realism.
    This approach to gameplay is often most dangerous when entering a new map where the whole party need to go in together (especially the room where a whole bunch of "Eye" balls xD aka beholder of various sizes awaits.

    That's a clever way of doing things. My memory of my last game was too fuzzy to remember where the dangerous fights are, so I usually just end up face-checking them and of course someone instantly dies, then I reload and destroy the enemies. I feel guilty that if you looked at the video of our characters' gameplay they would seem like these all-knowing psychic Gods :(

  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 4,649

    Bubbles said:

    @mf2112 @Gallenger @blackchimes @LordVem
    Usually when I play BGEE through to ToB, I always try to pretend I do not know the monsters in any terrain while exploring. Thus I always will prepare the scouting character with permanent protections (such as those lowering the saves down to 1 or lower when the saving bug usually kicks in for BG2EE but I am not sure for BGEE if that bug exist), and fast movement to run back to the party when the scout spotted potential danger, sometimes using wizard eye when available to simulate a more realism.
    This approach to gameplay is often most dangerous when entering a new map where the whole party need to go in together (especially the room where a whole bunch of "Eye" balls xD aka beholder of various sizes awaits.

    That's a clever way of doing things. My memory of my last game was too fuzzy to remember where the dangerous fights are, so I usually just end up face-checking them and of course someone instantly dies, then I reload and destroy the enemies. I feel guilty that if you looked at the video of our characters' gameplay they would seem like these all-knowing psychic Gods :(
    ah, but also remember when you go to the basilisk area, you can hear those distinctive noises and sounds they make in the background, so if you wanted to "role play your physic powers" you could say that a knowledgeable ranger/druid or mage would know that sound and think to themselves; sounds like there might be some basilisks around/I've heard stories that basilisks make this weird chittering squishing sound, better prepare myself just in case.....

    lolienmf2112
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @sarevok57
    Ah yes but they do not have documentary films/videos in Faerun ... xD
    @randomhero890
    These days my gameplay has become almost no reloads (someone out there corrupted my thoughts of game to try to reflect some real life hahaha).

    Recently I just realized I actually like BG1 more than BG2 (after all these years .. guess I am a real tard T_T).
    I like BG1 and as it has a lot more game details and side quests and lately I like the lessons and choices it gives, hinting younger players in moral lessons and responsibilities of actions, such as the ankheg hunting side quest and Aldeth in Cloakwood. BG1 is very well conceived kind of remind me of good old Star Trek TV seasons. But then it gives the players the freedom to hack and slash and have a taste of being bloodthirsty or power hungry ^^. Nice balance.

  • randomhero890randomhero890 Member Posts: 82
    sarevok57 said:


    ah, but also remember when you go to the basilisk area, you can hear those distinctive noises and sounds they make in the background, so if you wanted to "role play your physic powers" you could say that a knowledgeable ranger/druid or mage would know that sound and think to themselves; sounds like there might be some basilisks around/I've heard stories that basilisks make this weird chittering squishing sound, better prepare myself just in case.....

    Ha, that's true. I just meant in general. I actually skipped the basilisk area, they are worth too much exp and I didn't want to outlevel the challenge of the storyline. I've had to avoid a lot of good stuff :(

    sarevok57lolien
Sign In or Register to comment.