Skip to content

Keldorn and the government district (potential spoilers)

Hey folks,

Years ago I gave Keldorn a try, when I took him to the government district it triggered a quest that resulted in his retirement. I was pretty bummed that he left, but it would have been out of character for my PC to force him to leave his family.

All these years later I'm thinking of trying him again, this time with a PC who might not feel so sympathetically about his personal life. My question is: if I force Keldorn to stay in the party, will he get bitter, or attack other party members, or do anything else that is potentially game-busting? I'm hoping I can use him for the whole game.

Thanks in advance for any insight, and I apologize if my recollection of Keldorn's retirement (and any potential to prevent it) is off - it has been many, many years and my preliminary searches tonight didn't yield much.

Peace,
O.K.

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Without spoiling the solution, there is definitely a way to keep Keldorn in your party and resolve things amicably.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited July 2016
    You can tell Keldorn to settle his matters privately after talking to Sir William, and when you meet him again at the Radiant Heart he'll rejoin you willingly, without feeling like you're forcing him. You can even give him a day off. I feel much better doing it that way.
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Thanks so much for the advice! It's been so long I can't remember how the quest went down, but I'm glad to know there's a way I can work it out.
  • AethernautAethernaut Member Posts: 60
    Whenever I've used him, I tend to play him through Shadows of Amn and then swop him out for Sarevok once I hit ToB.

I tend to release him from service when I start ToB in the grove of the ancients as I feel he's helped enough and should go and be with his family.

Sarevok then fills the spot nicely as a two-hander tank.