Skip to content

Bhaalspawn powers

I am playing a neutral good half-orc fighter thief. For the first time ever I have got Larloch's minor drain as a power. Is this the result of a patch? As neutral good, I should have two cure light wounds instead?

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    It's reputation dependent. What was your reputation when you got the dream?
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Ah ha thanks - yes it was pretty low as I was trying out Dorn with the helm of opposite alignment - many thanks. I found an old guide online that said it was once alignment dependent so wonder if this has been changed
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

Ah ha thanks - yes it was pretty low as I was trying out Dorn with the helm of opposite alignment - many thanks. I found an old guide online that said it was once alignment dependent so wonder if this has been changed

nope, it has always been reputation dependent, the online guide probably said alignment dependent because evil alignments put your reputation below 10 which gives you the "evil powers" while good alignments put your reputation above 10 which gives you the "good powers" not 100% sure what happens when you have 10 rep, maybe you get both powers
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    Bhaalpowers are alignment-dependent if you make a new character in BG2. Good characters get only the beneficial ones, Evil characters get only the harmful ones and Neutrals get a mix of the two depending on whether they're Lawful or Chaotic. Specifically:

Lawful Neutral - one of each
    True Neutral - Cure Light Wounds x2, Draw Upon Holy Might x2, Horror x2
    Chaotic Neutral - Larloch's Minor Drain x2, Slow Poison x2, Vampiric Touch x2

For BG1 it's completely reputation based though.