Skip to content

Suggest me a good evil party

ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
I'm thinking about the evil party I should be getting. One thing I do not enjoy is that some roles do overlap. For example:

Montaron -> thief-fighter
Tiax -> thief-cleric

I'm a barbarian, and my party is currently composed by:

me -> barbarian
Monty
Xzar
Tiax

But stuff is really really hard in early game. I lack money and it seems like I can't do shit. <.<§

Edit: please, do not suggest me ee's npcs.
dockaboomski

Comments

• DetectiveMittensDetectiveMittens Member Posts: 235
    You don't get Tiax until quite late into the game so you are better off using viconia who is a much better cleric.

As for "Evil Fighters" you have Shar-Teel and Kagain, both quite formidable and easy to find also.

Assuming those three you are left with the choices of:
    Edwin, Xzar, Montaron, and Eldoth (and safana (if you want a pure thief but she is Chaotic Neutral))

I would personally take Edwin over Xzar and keep Monty-Kins.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    What evil party doesn't contain Edwin and Viccy? They're probably the best two at their class. Edwin is also a fairly early recruit too. There's also an evil bard, I can't remember his name, if you need someone for item identification.
    dockaboomski
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    Since you're playing a warrior class you have a few options here

You can use Shar-teel as the party's archer or as a second melee character if you're using Monty as an archer (he's super good with a sling). There's also Kagain as a second melee-type with his illegal CON score as a selling point.

Eldoth could be an option - but you'll eventually be required to get Skie, which will make monty and tiax's thieving ultra redundant.

Tiax *can* stand in for Viconia if you don't want to get her.

Edwin as an extra caster *can* work fairly well - 2 mages can be extremely effective.

So it mainly depends on how much you want to keep the characters you already have.

dockaboomski
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    edited July 2016
    My ideal party would be

@Arthas
    Kagain (meat shield)
    Monty (backup frontline)
    Tiax (utility)
    Xzar (dual-class to cleric for extra healing after getting tome of wisdom)
    Edwin/Eldoth (Ctrl-Y time for Skie, unless you drop Tiax for her, which you shouldn't)

From a powergaming point of view, ideally your party would be

@Arthas
    Kagain
    Shar-Teel (in layman's terms, dps)
    Monty
    Xzar/Edwin (if Xzar, dual-class)
    Viconia (only single-class evil healer)

That's the best I can do with just evil characters. If you want to go into the neutrals, Faldorn is good as a backup divine caster, and Safana is a good thief too. Garrick has banters with Eldoth & Skie, but only bring him if you want to get the banters. You did yourself a favor playing as an evil barbarian, because there are only two single class warriors that are evil in BG1, whereas there are four good and no neutral.

Hope that helps, have fun!
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Charname: In my mind, lawful evil is the most fun to play. Someone charismatic and smart enough to know that life is easiest and the most profitable if people think that you are a good guy. But at the same time doesn't trust those around him unless he 'gets' what motivates them.

A swashbuckler could be a fun pick. He gets all the apr he needs in BG2 with the scarlet ninjato and Belm. Super high AC, great Thaco and dmg, traps and the ability to use scrolls.

BG1: Kagain (a tank. Also a shameless mercenary. For RP purposes give him the gem bag and let him keep all the gems you find. Money doesn't really matter, and it keeps him loyal)

Viconia and Baeloth (two drow who need your protection. All the healing and firepower you need...and they need you)

And that's it. This maxes the xp for you, letting you hit lvl10. You will be a damage dealer with a tank, a healer and a Sorceror.

BG2:

Korgan (see Kagain)
    Viconia (same as above)
    Haer'Dalis (he believes in chaos and entropy. He can sing your praise on stage and eventually give you the HLA bard song. His spells can buff you as well)
    Jan Jansen (an insane gnome mage who entertains you)

And eventually add Sarevok once he has a geas to follow you.

The idea is to avoid overtly super evil characters who will get you in trouble, and to instead focus on those who can be bought,'controlled, manipulated...or who just entertain you.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

What evil party doesn't contain Edwin and Viccy? They're probably the best two at their class. Edwin is also a fairly early recruit too. There's also an evil bard, I can't remember his name, if you need someone for item identification.

@JumboWheat01

This^^

And, in fact, who needs to be evil to have exactly this thought? Best NPC's in the game, never betray you, never give you grief, best voice acting, just keep the rep below 18.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited July 2016
    Charname

Shar-Teel (make her an expert in throwing daggers)

Kagain

Viconia

Baeloth/Edwin

Tiax (dump every skill point in Find Traps and Open Locks)
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    I've just recently started an evil run through. I'm a neutral evil dwarven wizard slayer (using a mod to make the wizard slayer a pretty cool class) and I'm taking along Kagain, Montaron, Xzar, Tiax and Dorn. Also used a mod to make Tiax appear in Beregost so I could actually experience the character.
    So far I'm loving it, and since my charname is a greedy dwarf, he has no qualms about Tiax running through every single house we encounter and stealing every item within. That's pretty much how I keep my coinpurse flowing with gold.
    Kurona
  • ConjurerDragonConjurerDragon Member Posts: 110
    edited July 2016
    Gallenger said:

Since you're playing a warrior class you have a few options here

You can use Shar-teel as the party's archer or as a second melee character if you're using Monty as an archer (he's super good with a sling). There's also Kagain as a second melee-type with his illegal CON score as a selling point.

Eldoth could be an option - but you'll eventually be required to get Skie, which will make monty and tiax's thieving ultra redundant.

With the added minimum pickpocket skill requirements in BG EE isn´t it useful to have two thiefs, one concentrating e.g. on pickpocket and stealth and the other on finding/disarming traps and detecting illusions?
  • randomhero890randomhero890 Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2016
    Grum said:

Charname: In my mind, lawful evil is the most fun to play. Someone charismatic and smart enough to know that life is easiest and the most profitable if people think that you are a good guy. But at the same time doesn't trust those around him unless he 'gets' what motivates them.

I also always pick Lawful evil as my alignment. I dislike the the way some of the "evil" answer choices are set up in the writing, it sounds like being a whiny jerk. Instead, especially in order to continue quests in baldur's gate for some of the better equipment, I choose instead to "fake" being polite and good-natured, in order to get more of what I want.

However, if a particular quest doesn't interest me, I'll either decline the quest and/or insult them or do whatever answer will turn the person hostile in order for me to kill them. My reputation is always teetering between disliked and average due to this

The way I see it, is doing it this way makes your char seem kind of like an evil narcissist, able to fake being polite and even help people when needed, but ultimately, willing to slaughter all the good guys around him also, whatever benefits my party the most ;)
    Grum
  • MagpieRandomsMagpieRandoms Member Posts: 72
    Edwin is a must for my evil parties, or if I'm playing a Mage PC, it is always lawful evil. This alignment has the best familiar in my opinion (imp). I like polymorphing it into a black bear and mincing enemies with it. Oodles of fun!
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    I always forget that familiars can do more things in this game than be one pound hp increasers.
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    With a Barbarian I'd bring Tiax because cleric and thief in a package is ridiculously good in terms of utility and his undead pet also adds value. I'd bring Eldoth for my venomous archer and wands/arcane. I don't use a ton of arcane spells but having a few options are good especially when it's not tied to Mage hit points. Kagain as either second melee or throwing axes will add a massive amount of damage properly equipped. If you don't want overlap and don't want EE NPCs it gets more interesting. I'd consider getting Faldorn. Not technically evil but I think she blends fine. Plus she gets level 5 divine spells that can be great end game. Her wolf pet also can be a huge help as well. The last spot is for Skie until you kill her.