Skip to content

Dorn Romance (and Companion Quests in general) *Spoilers*

So I think I'm just about at the end. I got to the fight with Sarevok, realized I both hadn't finished companion stuff and was underleveled and bailed to go do side stuff. But I think I've cleared the whole frigging map and haven't gotten a single bit of dialogue out of Dorn since we killed Simmeon who knows how long ago. I keep seeing forums about how he can be romanced and my Chaotic Good elf fighter so wants him. XD But I've never had the chance to express that.

For that matter, I haven't gotten anything out of Neera in a while (did the thing with the other wild mage where she got the belt and then got cranky at me), I never got another quest with Yeslick after getting him, Imoen has never once had her own quest, and same with Viconia. What's the deal? Did I just somehow miss all of them? How do these things trigger? Have I totally missed the boat or can I still get with my sweet manly half-orc?

Comments

• Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    Not sure about your romance issues, but Dorn, Neera, and Rasaad are all NPCs added in the Enhanced Editions, so they get their own special side quests, whereas every other NPC (in your case, Imoen, Yeslick, and Viconia) are all from the original game, and never had their own side quests in vanilla.
    At least, not to my knowledge. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me, hahaha.
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    You are correct in the case of Imoen, Yeslick, and VIconia - in the original BG only a select few companions had their own side-quests... Eldoth, Coran, sorta Kivan, sorta Khalid + Jahiera, sorta Xzar + Monteron, Kagain, and Edwin/Minsc.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    And those were "quests" that were available with or without them. You just got some extra dialogue if you had them in the party, and if you didn't do the quests in time, they'd leave the party.

Rasaad/Neera/Dorn unlock quests that require their presence, which also include new areas. Baeloth was intended as more of an easter egg, and doesn't have it's own quest.

If you want more interaction with NPCs other than Rasaad/Neera/Dorn/Baeloth, try a new game with the NPC Project. It adds lots of banters, 6 romances (Branwen/Dynaheir/Sharteel for male PCs, Ajantis/Coran/Xan for female PCs), additional quests and encounters (quite a few NPCs receive one, some NPCs even receive multiple), and other additional interjections to the story.
  • EriiasEriias Member Posts: 34
    edited August 2016
    I appreciate the insight on the others, but how does one trigger Dorn's romance?
    Post edited by Eriias on
    Oh, I see! That puts me at ease. I guess I just didn't see that thread when I googled before. Is there a place to check if I've "finished" their side quests? I think Dorn was still telling me some story when he last talked and stopped because he said it was making him angry talking about. And that thread says something about Neera kissing someone named Charmane who I haven't seen yet. I'm guessing that means I'm not done with her quest then...off to google with me... Thank you!
  • randomhero890randomhero890 Member Posts: 86
    I think "Charname" is a term for your main character. I've seen it often on these forums in that reference
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    edited August 2016
    Charname is indeed the main protagonist, your own character. It's called in most of the scripts, which is then automatically replaced with the name of your character.

As for the quests:
    Both Neera and Rasaad add a new area at some point during their questline. When you cleared out those areas (and it's pretty obvious when the 'finale' happens), you're done with their quests. Neera however has an additional encounter in Baldur's Gate.

For Dorn, after the initial encounter, he wants to take vengeance on two more people. When those two people have been killed (in different encounters), the quest is complete. Again, it's pretty obvious when those quests complete.

Note that their romance (more of flirts than full out romances) may continue after their quests have completed.
    Oh, cool! Lol I have terrible vision so even with enlarged don't I guess I subconsciously flipped the two letters to make it the name and got confused. Thanks for explaining it. :)