Skip to content

BG2 Map vs. Realms Map

vreishvreish Member Posts: 28
Quick question, anyone know what that big body of water in the north east is? I can spot Lake Esmel, the Small Teeth, etc. ... but the big lake in the corner of the game map doesn't seem to match up with anything on the campaign setting maps?
Post edited by vreish on
[Deleted User]

Comments

• RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    It looks like they misplaced the Dragonmere / Sea of Fallen Stars, OR it was just a cheap way to distinguish the compass ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    For what's worth, the closest thing to a large body of water east of Lake Esmel would be the Long Arm Lake. But, well, we all know how it is: not a single map within the Baldur's Gate Saga is drawn correctly. *cough*Ulgoth's Beard*cough*

The cartograph in question was probably dead drunk. Or he did draw it on a Monday morning without coffee.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    vreishineth
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I would guess its that way just to better distinguish the compass.
  • vreishvreish Member Posts: 28
    edited August 2016
    Ah, I'd totally blanked that Suldanessellar was within the Wealdath! (It's been a while since I played a game all the way to the forest portions.) So that means that the Small Teeth are just missing, and I was seeing the scale all wrong. Thanks for the clarifications folks.
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @vreish
    Just treat the game as an "alternate reality" ^^, it has to be ^^ as technically the prophecy say a score of Bhaalspawns but end up is like a swarm of Bhaalspawn, and Bhaal technically fertilized only human females as he wanted all his kids to be born at around the same time and grow at the same rate if they cannot be laughtered during infancy but in ToB you see some of the 5 are of such slow growing races that dead Bhaal would truely be dead "waiting" for them to come of age X_X (maybe in left some fast "growing" hormones to be injected into the babes like with poultry? O_o).
    gorgonzolaDJKajuru
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Bubbles said:

some fast "growing" hormones to be injected into the babes like with poultry? O_o).

Impossible, they are very tough and in that case they would be big, heavy, but very weak :smile: .

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    vreish