Skip to content

The Adventures of HWKA (Spoilers)

ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
Name: He Who Kicketh A** (Is it appropriate to say that? I just censored it just in case)
Race: Human
Class: Monk
Str: 18
Dex: 18
Con: 18
Int: 10
Wis: 13
Char: 16

Raised by Gorion, He Who Kicketh A** became a wise, respectable monk that excelled in combat. When Gorion died, he was devastated and vowed to uphold his father's memory and honor by helping others whenever he could. Little does HWKA know, but his quest to help others will lead him to Gorion's murderer and his true heritage...

HWKA's party

1. Imoen
Not willing to leave his childhood friend behind, HWKA keeps Imoen close by his side, for both his protection and her own.
2-3. Jaheria and Khalid
HWKA feels honor bound to keep this companions as per Gorion's final request. He highly respects their wisdom, see's them as valuable companions, and would never think to remove them from the party.
4. Rasaad
HWKA found kinship in Rasaad, and welcomes the enlightenment he brings.
5. Xan
After rescuing Xan from Mulahey he was honored to accept the honor bound moonwielder as a companion despite his.....enthuaism.

Current Location: Bandit Camp, currently trying to end the threat to the Coast Way by destroying them at their source (I refused to trick my way in as that did not seem an honorable thing to do, so HWKA is purging the realms of the Bandits.

He also rescued Dynaheir and reunited her with Minsc (temporarily parting ways with Xan) and Neera, and ignored most other companions that did not speak directly to him (I used logic to decide who to speak to)
Post edited by ZaramMaldovar on

Comments

• ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    edited August 2016
    May turn the difficulty down so I can slaughter the Bandit Camp? Mayhaps that would work? Or is it at all possible the Bandits could still ROLFstomp me?

Note: Currently attempting a Core Rules run of the Trilogy, I have beaten BG1 on Core Rules before (though not with this party), but never BG2
    So Xan has actually proven to be quite useful (despite his inability to cast useful spells such as Magic Missile). I decided it would make since to keep party members around except in the case of permadeath if I'm going to roleplay, and Xan has given no HWKA no reason to kick him out.

Why am I enjoying Xan so much?
    edited August 2016
    Oh right
    Mods being used
    BG1
    1. Quest Pack V9 (not the new V10, I'm too lazy right now)
    2. NPC Project (with music)
    3. Unfinished Business
    4. Divine Remix
    BG2
    1. Angelo
    2. Auren
    3. Xan
    4. Dungeoun Be Gone
    5. Quest Pack
    6. Banter Pack
    7. Crossmod Banter Pack
    8. Kelsey
    9. Alternatives
    10. NPC Strongholds
    11.NPC Kits
    12. Divine Remix
    As it turns out Xan is actually a really awesome NPC, he even survived the Four Cloakwoods and tanked the Drasus party fairly well (a party mind you that decimated HWKA and Khalid but didn't hit Xan once)
    Finally finished the Drasus Party, Xan literally Wand of Frost'ed them into Icy Chunks, it was awesome. Xan, you may not be able to cast magic missile, but I officially like you.
    Defeated Daveorn, had to temporarily part ways with Imoen (she had 1 hp and HWKA refused to let her die) sending her back to the Friendly Arm, where we will pick her up on our way to Baldur's Gate
    Arrived in Baldur's Gate, a very funny banter in which Imoen dyed Xan's hair pink occured, HWKA was not amused...but I certainly was.
    After facing the tragedy of Gamaz, the party of HWKA continues on to discover the plans of the Iron Throne, after discovering their location at Candlekeep he proceeds upstairs to face against Zhalimar Cloudwife and his crew. Wish me luck
    HWKA returned to Candlekeep and was framed for the murders of the Iron Throne Leaders, now on the run in Baldur's Gate, HWKA is even more consistently reminded of Xan's prophetic rants of doom. After turning himself in (to avoid his reputation taken a greater hit) he was forced to accept the aid of the serial killer Neb to escape Angelo's clutches. Riddled with guilt, HWKA proceeds with all haste to undo all of Sarevok's wrongs.
    So I'm going off to face the Dopplegangers and Sarevok, only problem is I'm underleveled. I can't go get more XP because I'm trying to roleplay the character. Any advice?
    edited August 2016
    So I finally defeated Sarevok (had to cheat to get max XP, but I didn't do anything else bad). As punishment for my cheating, Jaheria perma-died, and I'm keeping my word. Jaheria will not be joining us for the first bit of SOD, although it can be assumed that in the storyline Khalid has her revived with some sort of True Ressurection spell or something. Anyways, onward to SOD, wish me and HWKA luck.

Post-Note: No longer using Divine Remix, it was causing some severe lag problems. I'm sure that will be fixed when the beta phase is over.
    edited August 2016
    So I discovered that turning up the difficulty spawns different monsters...intriguing, this never occurred in any of the other BG games. (Because I normally do Normal, but I have been doing Core Rules for this run)
    Had to start SOD over, but everything is fine. Cheated a few of my precious items into the game (I got them fair and square in BG) my party is now the canon good party (no problems there) and I shall see where to go.