Skip to content

Should I be using EET for my first playthrough?

Tittle says everything, Should I? Should I not?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I'm assuming EET is a mod. In which case I would say, no, I would heavily recommend playing the first with the vanilla experience.
  • KyonV2KyonV2 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2016

I'm assuming EET is a mod. In which case I would say, no, I would heavily recommend playing the first with the vanilla experience.

EET is Enhanced Edition Trilogy, I'm assuming it's same thing as BGT or Tutu.

Would you recommend playing it without any mods even when I want to play for the story that is supposedly really good in BG2 and don't really care about game mechanics or exploring which is, again, supposedly main part of BG1.
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    I agree with @thedamages , mods are unnecessary on your first playthrough. If you want to experience the story, you can easily play through BG1 in a linear fashion, and I guess that is why they put Story Mode in for difficulty. Have fun!
  • ArdulArdul Member Posts: 211
    I am a big user of mods (220+ individual components on my most recent install), and I too will definitely recommend playing the game as is the first (few) time(s) around.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    Probably best to wait on EET a little longer.

I would mildly disagree with the consensus here and say that the BG1 NPC project is almost essential for BG1 as it makes the NPCs in that game comparable to the rest of the saga. But I suppose you will appreciate it much more after a vanilla playthrough!