Skip to content

SoD Dorn equipment gone...

EriiasEriias Member Posts: 34
I've seen some posts of people with similar issues. Long story short, I had Dorn in my party all through BGEEE and he had all my best gear (World's Edge +3, that helmet that gives you THAC0 and w/e, it was blue, I forget its name), some really good plate, I forget what else, but a lot. Also he's now lower level and way weaker. Is there any way to fix this? Do I seriously have to reloud all the way back to the end of the Tomb level just to get those items back? Pretty frustrated considering he had some of my best stuff and was my strongest companion and now is basically crap (and I've lost the best helmet I'd found in this game).

Any ideas for ways to fix this please?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2016
    If you can attach a save file here I should be able to restore the correct Dorn for you.
  • EriiasEriias Member Posts: 34
    That'd be awesome! I've actually already played a ways past that part. Would I need to start back at where you find Dorn?

And do you need the save where Dorn is located or the last time he was in the party? Or both?
    edited August 2016
    Attach what save files you have. I'll see if I can get it fixed on your furthest save (just be sure to clear any items you want to keep off any version of Dorn you currently have in your party). If I can't fix it there then I may need a save from just before you go to the area you meet Dorn in.
    Eriias

Not sure if I did this correctly. Here's the most recent save.
    Uh...not sure if they did. I put all my SoD saves up on my googledeocs. Here is that:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4luOsGwsDIIWlhBa2hDczViQ0U
    edited August 2016
    @Eriias I've looked over your save file. It looks like the old Dorn only had about 181,000 XP (compared to the 280k that the new Dorn has) and the only difference between them would be that the old Dorn had more health, had the deadshot bow and some arrows of dispelling. I've given him more health and added those items to Dorn with your most recent save (I may have given him too many/few arrows of dispelling).

Post edited by elminster on
    Eriias
    Yeah, I added in the other items to be a partial fix. The only difference then was that he had less HP for some reason. The default had 66 HP (without gear) while the end-of-prologue one had 80 without the helmet. The default one actually has more XP, but I'm not sure how the HP difference even happened. Is there someway to fix that or is he just gonna be out a few HP?

Thank you so much for taking a look at this for me, I really appreciate it. :)
    edited August 2016
    I actually adjusted that save already so that he should have the correct amount of HP (you may need to redownload the file).

Edit: Its possible that what I uploaded earlier didn't have updated HP. It should now.
    Post edited by elminster on
    Eriias
    Oh, wow, I somehow really misread your previous post. That should do it then. :) Thank you so much!