Skip to content

Grim Dawn

BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
Hi, I just bought this today and started playing. My first impression is that it's an awesome arpg from the creators of Titan Quest, and I agree so far with the people who say "This is what Diablo 3 should have been."

I'm curious whether anyone else here is playing Grim Dawn, and if so, what do you think about it?

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I just googled it and it looks pretty interesting. The GUI looks identical to Divinity: Original Sin's :O
    I wouldn't get into any sort of ARPG these days, mainly because as I say this my Zealot is going through Act 2 in Nightmare and well, I don't want to get addicted to another game.
    mf2112
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Looks like something I am going to want to try but right now I can't with the new job starting up.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I got it on sale for 40% off at Steam. I should have mentioned that in the op. Today is Sunday, and the sale ends tomorrow. There's still time to catch it if you read this post in time.

It's made by the same people who made Titan Quest, and so Grim Dawn has a very similar feel in its overall design, although the setting is radically different. (Zombie apocalypse instead of Greek myth.) I loved Titan Quest, so I instantly loved Grim Dawn.

I've read a lot of posts from people who didn't like TQ and still like GD, though.
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    @BelgarathMTH I loved Titan Quest but just couldn't get far into Grimm Dawn. My main gripe is the respawning monsters. In TQ when you cleared an area it stayed cleared. In GD everytime you loaded the game the areas you cleared were full of the same monsters. I know that is part of the "farming" that's popular in this type of game. To me it was just tedious. If there was a way to turn off the respawning I would be all over this game.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited August 2016
    @ronaldo, Titan Quest respawned all monsters at every logout just like Grim Dawn. I just tested it to be sure with one of my saved characters.

This character is in Hades. I portaled back to Greece, which of course had been cleared before. All the monster mobs were back in place, just as expected.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Check out the van-helsing trilogy of games on steam, which are diablo-esque games. If you enjoyed Grim Dawn you should like them too
    @BelgarathMTH I don't think I explained it correctly. If I exited the game after clearing an area and resumed the next day in the same place the area is still cleared. In Grim Dawn if I do the same thing when I resume the game all the monsters are respawned. At least that is how I remembered it. I could be wrong
    @ajwz I agree about Van Helsing amazing game. Not as much character customisation as TQ or GD though.