Skip to content

Faldorn Glitch

Hi Guys, I'm new here, enjoying the Forums. I've been playing the Baldur's gate Series for ages, including the enhanced editions and now Siege of Dragonspear. I've just run across something that I've never experienced before, I'm in the Druid grove with my party which consisted of My Character which I imported from Siege of Dragonspear, Minsc, Neera, Nalia, Cernd and Jahiera, we are talking to Faldorn and challenge her to ritual combat, then after she accepts and finishes speaking the game just freezes up and won't actually progress to the combat, I was wondering if anyone knows a way that I can fix this? Thanks.

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    I don't know how to help you, but if you have a savegame before entering the area sometimes starting again from that point solve the problems, give it a try.
  • MorinehtarMorinehtar Member Posts: 4
    No Good, that's actually the very first thing I tried to do, I'm actually wondering if it has something to do with the mods I have installed for BG2EE.
    As I am playing a notEE version I can not help you more. Sorry.
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    If you have mods installed, then you should post your Weidu log. It's located in your game directory, helpfully named "WeiDU.log".
    Okay I have posted my Weidu log.
    Looking at your log, I'm afraid I have no idea what could be the cause. Never experienced such a problem before either.

For completion's sake, who participates to the duel? Jaheira or Cernd? Does it freeze before you can chose?
    Cernd participates and it freezes just after Faldorn excepts and the new log entry starts to come up, also I've noticed that during playing certain item descriptions come up as invalid and have a number next to them, not sure if that helps any.
    It sounds like a botched install but aside from that I can't tell you more.
  • minsc4prezminsc4prez Member Posts: 105
    I have the same problem, but i have two separate installs, one with bgtweaks, xan, solafein and a vanilla for mplayer i got from GoG. I am half tempted to just kill Faldorn, but i feel cheated by not being able to properly conplete the quest
  • SpiK3SpiK3 Member Posts: 2
    I have exactly the same issue.
    Once I confront Faldorn, either with Cernd or with my NPC (I have multiple stronghold installed), then the game gets stuck and there is nothing to do...
    I would like to know if you guys have an idea to make this work. I encountered the druid outside the druid grove that explained the situation to me, and I have the options in the dialogue, either I confront Faldorn directly, or I can make Cernd (who is outside the druid grove, waiting for me to get him) go to confront Faldorn. in both cases, the game gets stuck.
    I guess that is a problem with the multiple stronghold mode, maybe I can find another way to kill Faldorn than confront her directly ? or maybe there is a CLUA code to make her move instead of staying stuck like a damn bitch...
  • SpiK3SpiK3 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2019
    I solved the issue by using a little trick : I installed the game from scratch on another computer, added the RR and the itemUpgrade mods (like in my current game), but not the BG2tweak pack (with the multiple stronghold patch). I used my save game (my team standing just in front of Cernd outside the druid grove), and I talked to him, asking him to challenge Faldorn. Everything went fine, he killed her, and then I saved the game and reimported the file into my main game. I didn't see any issue yet, finger crossed...

Gusinda
    if the quest is done there should be no problems i suppose.
    itemupgrade? trowing impaler? wow, some players can find that weapon op, and i can agree with them, but i love it... :)