Skip to content

Paradox doing a survey regarding RPGS

scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
edited August 2016 in Off-Topic
Well, the title pretty much says it all - Paradox is doing a small survey regarding what people like with computer roleplaying games. Here is a link to the Paradox forums.

In case you missed it, White Wolf - which is owned by Paradox since last year - filed a trademark for a Vampire: The Masquerade video game earlier this summer (Read here). I was mistaken when the Announcement of Evil turned out to be Tyranny instead of a World of Darkness game, but now I have my expectations up again! So let's hope for a really sucky game in the future of Paradox and Obsidian, eh?

@Dee - do I get the clairvoyance badge for predictions about nondog companies as well? :P
SethDavisFinneousPJFardragonbrus

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I noticed a distinct lack of Planescape: Torment and Morrowind in that survey. But oddly enough they listed Mass Effect 2. >_>
    scriver
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I believe the part of the point of the differing examples was to include a varied sortiment of games. For example; from what I know of Steampunk Stabbitystab Simulator (I haven't played it personally) it isn't a super shining example of roleplaying among RPGs by any means, but it is still pretty much a modern example of the kind of "choice of action and by action" RPG-ness that the original Deus Ex presented - which is markedly different from the kind of RPG-itude offered by games such as BG or Ps:T.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    edited August 2016
    There are different degrees of true/false -- Paradox?
    Post edited by FinneousPJ on
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511

I noticed a distinct lack of Planescape: Torment and Morrowind in that survey. But oddly enough they listed Mass Effect 2. >_>

It looks like they have chosen different subtypes of rpg. I suspect they considered PST too similar to BG2 and PoE for the purpose of the survey.
    scriver
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    @Fardragon - that is exactly the words I tried to make, but you put them in a much more concise and on point manner ;)
    Fardragon
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Somehow I get the feeling that someone is interested to start an isometric Pathfinder cRPG after I looked through the new survey.
    scriver
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2016
    Guess I'm an old man. This "20 minute" survey is taking forever :)

Edit: The time estimate they have at the bottom doesn't seem very reflective of how much time the survey would still take. It was telling me I had 7 minutes left when I was on the last question.
  • TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861
    I did this - and think it is good to ask us gamers, as long as those intepreting the results will be sampling sience critical of the fact that it is a biased and pre-filtered sample. (Pro gaming, pro online)

That said - I wanted to tell Obsidian / Paradox that my impression from the marketing is that this game is aimed to gamers comfy with "true neutral" and on towards "chaotic evil."

I do not think that is wrong at all, only that marketing message should make it clear if a "chaotic good" sort of gamer like me should touch the game at release.