Skip to content

Chatty Mazzy

JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
So I tried to make a redmine account but couldn't get past registration (what the hell do you put in the confirmation box... it wouldn't accept my password a second time, anyway...) so I'm posting it here (sorry guys!)

So I have both Mazzy and Valygar in my group and I think I've narrowed the bug down to whenever Mazzy uses one of her abilities in that when it finishes she acts as is the player is constantly clicking on her. She only does this when in sight of Valygar, I'm guessing it's because she wants to initiate dialogue with him. I've read of this problem before and it has something to do with a dialogue she says when fatigued or outside at night, but it won't trigger.

Annoyingly I'm playing this on the iPad so can't quite delve into the game files as easily as I could on a PC...

Anyone else had his issue? Any way of resolving it? Also, if I boot her out she runs up to me but dialogue doesn't start, thus making her unreceuitable. Doubly irritating!

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2016
    Its an issue specific to her and valygar I believe. If you can get a save file (this likely will require a third party program on ipad) I'd be happy to correct the issue for you.
    Post edited by elminster on
    lolien
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    elminster said:

Its an issue specific to her and valygar I believe. If you can get a save file (this likely will require a third party program on ipad) I'd be happy to correct the issue for you.

That'd be amazing! I read on another thread that it's supposed to happen at night when she's fatigued, but she only does it during the day, that's the issue, right?

How would I be able to get you the save from my iPad? I downloaded iFunbox and attempted to tinker with the game files but to no avail.

Let me know in your own time, I'm managing the issue as best I can... it's funny because I'm doing a run with characters I've never used, Mazzy being one and she's making it very difficult for me to bring her along! Haha

:)

@elminster will this suffice?
    Thanks. I'm looking into it now. I'll try to get a fixed save for you posted here ASAP.
    lolien
    edited August 2016
    So it basically looks like there are two ways this can be fixed. The best way would be for you to put the MAZZY.BCS file (found in the attached zip file) into your override folder. That may be tricky on an ipad (apple at one point cracked down on third party file explorer programs so I don't know what kind of access you'll have). You may need to create an override folder in the location that BG2 is installed in. This link may be some help in that regard (specifically the section titled "How to use iFunBox to install mods:" found under the spoiler tag).

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/15979/howto-modding-bg-ee-on-the-ipad/p1

The second way would be for me to take your save file and just get you past the specific dialog that causes this issue.
    lolien
    @elminster So it looks like with the iOS 8.3 update Apple have disabled the ability to copy apps from your device to your computer. Meaning I can't copy my BG2 app to my desktop to add in an Override folder... I can, however still copy save games so do you think you can just edit the save game for me if that's simple enough?

Can I send you an updated game save later today?

Cheers!
    Yep
    lolien
    elminster said:

Yep

Here she is, thanks again in advance :)
    Let me know if you still have the issue.

lolienGate70
    elminster said:

Let me know if you still have the issue.

I've chucked it in, will play with your save from now on and report your successes! Thanks again :)