Skip to content

STEAM: Achievements for Icewind Dale EE

Hello! This might have been asked before but I was wondering if anyone knows if it will come achievements for Steam for IWD EE. I love this game so much, but it was so refreshing to get achievements for BG EE and BG EE SOD and BG2 EE.
If anyone know anything, please share this.

Regards

Tom Fjellheim

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    so far there is no achievements for IWDEE on steam, and so far I haven't heard any news of the devs implementing any, but that doesn't necessarily mean they wont though, so it comes down to, who knows if they will or not in the future?
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Steam achievements were part of the 2.0 upgrade. So I wouldn't expect to see them until IWDEE is brought up to the current level. It's been implied that will be after the release of the BG1/2 2.x versions and SoD on iOS and Android.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I'd be really cool to get achievements for IWDEE too. I'm still in the middle of my FIRST play through which I started almost a year ago. Needless to say I only play a little at a time.
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    I'd also love to see them some day. I am a slave to achievements.
  • AronAron Member Posts: 94
    Avhievements makes it so motivating! Sometimes i even wish I could reset Achievements and do them again :)
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    I bet they will implement achievements when they upgrade it to 2.0 (which I really hope is soon since I put my current ID playthrough on hold when BG was upgraded). Achievements are fun to go for so I really hope they do some. For some reason it seems like coming up with a creative list for ID could be a little more difficult than BG though.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    edited August 2016
    It's very unlikely that they'll update to 2.0.

What likely happens is that eventually, a 2.x version for BG1/BG2 is released, where the devs are happy with, and then the newest version (something like 2.4 or 2.5), is then ported over to IWDEE. So you'll likely go from 1.4 to something like 2.5.
  • AronAron Member Posts: 94
    Even that I would be happy with. If there is a chance that Achievements will come, ill be super glad. Too bad that it will never come IWD 2 EE. But im still hoping that Baldur's Gate III will come, made by Beamdog. Saw the tribute Picture of BG III in Pillars of Eternity. So ready for this! :)
  • GrifGrif Member Posts: 48
    Surprised there are still no Steam achievements, they really can breathe new life into an older game. 2.0 update, is that what we're waiting for? Someone make it happen please.
  • OriensOriens Member Posts: 28
    I finished two games Icewind Dale I & II, up and down, let the new achievements give new impetus, a feeling of pleasure from the reached successes, the joy of contemplation of past victories!