Skip to content

Aerie permanently in Ogre Form

I gave Aerie the key to change her from the ogre form. The dialogue was correct for the metamorphis. However, Aerie remained an ogre. Has anyone else had this problem? I've been playing this game for years and this is a first for me. Is there any way to fix this?

Incidently, I play on a lap top with Windows 7 which has just been updated. Both BGEE and BGIIEE are crashing like crazy which I expected since they crash every time windows updates itself. I wonder if their update might have something to do with my Aerie problem?
Skarose

Comments

• BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    edited August 2016
    @Bltzftz
    Windows 7 updates do not crash the game(auto-updates may have unpleasant quirks), but you may want to disable the windows auto-update (do it manually when you do not run other software).
    By the way is your game patched to the latest version? And did you install any mods?

If you are using AMD/ATI Radeon graphics card, a certain app in a full installation of the driver package that often starts 2 mins after windows fully loaded can cause unpleasant things to happen.
    Anti-virus scheduled tasks may also cause problems.
    A possible quick fix I can think of is to run windows 7 in classic theme.

Bltzftz
  • caescaes Member Posts: 33
    I had the same issue playing under linux, game bug most likely. I didn't hire her in ogre form after giving the sword, but after Kalah's death her appearance was restored. If she's already in your group you can use EEkeper to force-change her appearance to... female elf wizard, I think.
    I wonder how my halfling can romance a 9 foot tall Ogre ....
    gorgonzolaAewyrven
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I remember this happened to Nalia a long time ago when I was playing the original non-enhanced Baldur's Gate 2. The good news is that at least the ogre form does a LOT of damage.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    This is her swamp now
    Montresor_SPCalmar
    @Lord_Tansheron
    "We will crush you, crush you to goo .." X_X
    Montresor_SP
  • BltzftzBltzftz Member Posts: 5
    Thank you Bubbles. Most of what you said was Greek to me, but my son understood everything. Thanks.

Also, to Lord_Tansheron: You reference to your prom date made me finally realize that I might have been lucky to have never attended a prom!
    gorgonzola
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    I actually have the same problem funny enough and I'm on Windows 10. Its not too big a problem as I don't really intend to use her and its mildly amusing.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Now the thing with her wings is her least problem...
    FinnTheHuman
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    I have this nagging feeling she'll still be going on about them. And telling her "But Aerie, Ogres aren't SUPPOSED to have wings!" will probably break the romance.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Isn't it intended?

Every other illusion just fades when Khala is defeated. Why with Aerie it would be different?
    Calmar
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    You know what the real tragedy is? Aerie wasn't stuck in Mind Flayer form.

Dem tentacles

Dem hentais
  • ValtainValtain Member Posts: 5
    Had this one. Make a save on the bridge outside (after you answer the genies riddle). Just reload that save and get the sword for her again and that should fix it, if not just reload the bridge save until it does.