Skip to content

NPC Quest Timeframes

Greetings fellow adventurers!

I am running a vanilla version of BGEE (before I test it with suggested mods) and I have a good idea of what I want my good aligned party to be...and it doesn't include either Neera, Kivan, Dorn, or Rasaad. However, I am currently adventuring with Neera and Rasaad with the hopes of completing their specific quests before recruiting Minsc and Dynaheir but it seems to be taking FOREVER for them to open up their specific quest dialogues, etc.

I posted this inquiry in the 'No Spoilers' section for my benefit and for any other new players that perhaps are in my same dilemma or, like me, like to research ahead before planning their assumed trajectories.

So...are Neera and Rasaad's respective quest lines not revealed until a specific set of events have occurred in game, or perhaps until my average party level is at "X"? I am already aware of when Dorn's specific quest line will begin as I encountered it in a previous playthrough.

Thank you for your input.

Comments

• Ironhammer33Ironhammer33 Member Posts: 54
    :/
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    Don't know the answer to your question, but even if I did I'm not sure I would answer, because that would mean going against the rules of this forum. The name of the forum clearly says "NO SPOILERS". I might be missing something, but I can't understand your reasoning for posting your question here. What about asking in the BGEE forum instead?
    SkaroseBubblesConjurerDragon
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @Ironhammer33
    I think we have a problem here ^^. By answering your question is in itself a type of spoiler xD.
    Ironhammer33Alonso
    Bubbles said:

@Ironhammer33
    I think we have a problem here ^^. By answering your question is in itself a type of spoiler xD.

Yes, I see that now. That is definitely my mistake. I am sorry. Hmm. Well, I will take it upon myself to keep letting those characters into and out of my party then at different points in the story to see if their respective quests become available. Thanks.
    @Bubbles + @Alonso , et al

I want to thank you for bringing this:
    Alonso said:

Don't know the answer to your question, but even if I did I'm not sure I would answer, because that would mean going against the rules of this forum. The name of the forum clearly says "NO SPOILERS". I might be missing something, but I can't understand your reasoning for posting your question here. What about asking in the BGEE forum instead?

and this:
    Bubbles said:

@Ironhammer33

to my attention and for not having answered it.

"Gorion would be proud of you."
    RavenslightgorgonzolaBubbles
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    I don't think it is a real spoiler to say that Rasaad's quest starts during chap5. But i can't remember what triggers Neera's quest.
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @Noon
    Well the thing is, if the post isn't under NO SPOILER section, we would have gladly provided the answers (because there are some that would consider such info as "spoilers") ^^
    Alonso
    Bubbles said:

@Noon
    Well the thing is, if the post isn't under NO SPOILER section, we would have gladly provided the answers (because there are some that would consider such info as "spoilers") ^^

You know @Bubbles I will indeed post this in the other section. It is a good idea.
    BubblesgorgonzolaAlonso
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    Noon said:

I don't think it is a real spoiler to say that Rasaad's quest starts during chap5. But i can't remember what triggers Neera's quest.

being level 4 seems to trigger it.

Noon said:

being level 4 seems to trigger it.
    @megamike15 + @Noon

Thank you all very much!
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864

Bubbles said:

@Noon

You know @Bubbles I will indeed post this in the other section. It is a good idea.
    Or you can add a SPOILER tag to the title of this topic, that is easier than ask to a moderator to move the topic in an other section.
    Reading the board rules imo it should be fine as the new players are warned about the risk to be spoiled by the modified title that should become something like " NPC Quest Timeframes SPOILERS inside".
    Ironhammer33