Skip to content

Good expansion

rlterryrlterry Member Posts: 35
I never beat the first game. Furthest I get is clearing the mines then I end up rerolling another character.

I decided to just try the expansion last night and I couldn't stop playing. I think I played for 6 hours straight and had to force myself to go to bed.

Very entertaining.

It's a lot more theam parkish than the main game, meaning that you can't just wander off to anywhere you please. But the Devs made it hardly noticable with good story flow. It actually makes you stay focused on the game. But the
"narrow path" isn't that narrow. You still have plenty to explore without accidentally wandering off to the moon... shiney things distract me easily.

I've just cleared the dwarven mines and so far, i'm loving the puzzles. I like to explore entire areas and trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do with stuff.

I have noticed one bug and it can be sort of game breaking, the Gem bag refilling after you empty it. It was full, and I couldn't add gems to it, but it was also refilling with the contents that were in there after I transfered them to my backback... I think I made 40k gold before I figured out that if you open the bag in the vendor window and sell everything the stuff doesn't respawn.

The voice actors are good except one. Dirk (I think) sounds like Bird Man from Rick and Morty. Very robotic sounding NPC. Doesn't sound natural at all.

Those are my only two complaints. I'm loving this game and I'm actually going to go back ans finish the first game now because of it.

Cheers

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    If you haven't played it yet, bg2 is great as well.
  • rlterryrlterry Member Posts: 35

If you haven't played it yet, bg2 is great as well.

BG2 is actually the first of these types of games I played. I then moved onto the Neverwinter games.

I think BG2 is still the best, but BG:SoD may be right up there with it.

I won't know till later though since I've decided to full clear BG first and go in order.
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    rlterry said:

The voice actors are good except one. Dirk (I think) sounds like Bird Man from Rick and Morty. Very robotic sounding NPC. Doesn't sound natural at all.

Haha I believe you are referring to Belt, and I agree entirely; he does sound like Bird Person! Him and Skie's dad are the two NPCs whose voices bothered me, otherwise it was really well done. I agree though, Dragonspear was surprisingly good, and it didn't bother me that it was a bit more linear (though I do enjoy being able to wander off and explore).
  • ArgyleArgyle Member Posts: 48
    I made a lot of characters, too, but lasst night I decided to just finish it. Overall it was a great gaming experience, much better than anything on TV ... now what am I gonna do?
  • rlterryrlterry Member Posts: 35
    Argyle said:

I made a lot of characters, too, but lasst night I decided to just finish it. Overall it was a great gaming experience, much better than anything on TV ... now what am I gonna do?

I hope Beamdog continues making games like this. I don't even care if it's this "dated" graphics. It's fun to play.