Skip to content

longsword +2

My main guy specializes with longswords. I'm doing chapter 2 of Baldur's Gate II and I would like to get a longsword +2. The wiki site says that Jayes sells them in Waukeen's Promenade but I can't find him (and I looked at night). Any ideas? I appreciate your help.

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Jayes is in the south eastern part of waukeens promenade at night, hangining around close to one of the arches

Also you can buy magical longswords from the adventurers mart in waukeens promenade, and trademeet (after solving the genie problem) amongst other places
    JuliusBorisov
  • LCohen777LCohen777 Member Posts: 13
    Thank you so much.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    I'd add that, after a not-so-hard fight, you can get Namarra, which is a +2 longsword that deals 1d8+4 damage (normal +2longsword deals 1d8+2) in the graveyard district
    AerakarJuliusBorisovgorgonzola
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Didn't you find Varscona in the starting dungeon? +2 longsword with ice damage
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    abacus said:

Only if that was the item the game picked to transfer from BG1
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited September 2016
    You may find Daystar after a fight with a lich in a secret passage inside the tavern in Gate District.

Just use a hasted and invisible thief to get in and out with the sword (it's inside a locked chest) and you won't even need to bother about fighting the lich.

Also, be sure to take the parts needed to build The Equalizer. One of them is in Irenicu's Chateau

http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/The_Equalizer

It will take a while to build this sword, but it is worth it IMHO.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited September 2016

abacus said:

Or if you started the game in BG2EE and chose longswords among proficiencies for your character.
    abacusRaduzielThacoBell
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307

abacus said:

Or if you started the game in BG2EE and chose longswords among proficiencies for your character.
    That was the assumption I was making based on the OP.
    JuliusBorisov