Skip to content

A Paladin named Laurel.

So...

I was travelling west towards the coast in the southern regions of the map, and stumbled upon a map area which I have never before found.

A Paladin named Laurel was there, amongst other encounters.

Has anyone else found the area (this late...)?

/A.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    The Gibberling Hordes. Har har har!
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    My favorite part of that area is the ogre.

"You no bother now, me eat. We fight after me fat-happy."

"Me fight now then! Make you dessert! Pound you to pudding! Mmm, pudding."
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    Yup this is one of the more well-known forest regions because it's got the Boots of the North - if you're a good guy - and some pretty gnarly bridge fights :D + fat happiness.
  • alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    I rarely get the Boots of the North from that guy. The reward is rep based - I guess he just doesn't like the looks of Dorn and Viconia. :)

(not that the boots are all that useful anyways)
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    edited August 2016
    You could always murder him for the boots I think :D It's the principle of the thing!
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,026
    On the bridge/boots guy, I always pick-pocket the Boots of the North from him before I speak to him for the reward. They are useful on a tank for attacking winter wolves at low level and then charging wand of frost wielding mages later, e.g. Daevorn in the mines or the spider lady in Cloakwood.
  • LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291
    Aerakar said:

On the bridge/boots guy, I always pick-pocket the Boots of the North from him before I speak to him for the reward. They are useful on a tank for attacking winter wolves at low level and then charging wand of frost wielding mages later, e.g. Daevorn in the mines or the spider lady in Cloakwood.

I have never experienced Daevorn cast frosty spells, or the spider lady cast anything. I think I have done at least 10 playthroughs. Did we play the same game?
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @Loldrup

Stratagems Davaeorn throws at least two Cones of Cold at you, and Centeol blasts your weakest party member with a wand of frost. Cold resistance is mandatory.
  • LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291
    well, how could i know you were talking about a modded game ;)
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,026
    Yep, sorry did not state that. I have always played with SCS so did not realize they do not do this in vanilla.