Skip to content

Is it possible to change a sorcerer's spells?

I love Baeloth, but I want to change two of his spells. On is polymorph self because it doesn't give any extra HPs when he turns into a troll or other monster, so I end up with a 50 HP troll on the front lines. Therefore I never use this spell. He also has identify, but I have Voghiln in the party who IDs everything. Is there a cheat which will allow me to switch spells?

Extra question: Baeloth keeps threatening to leave the group. I don't know if that is because Corwin is in it or because I make "good" choices. I've made some evil choices to keep him just in case. Will he actually leave the group or is it just talk? Thanks.

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    1st you can't change sorc spells legally, but you could try that with eekeeper.
    2nd is your reputation very high?
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Polymorph self can be very useful in a number of places with the mustard jelly form giving 100% magic resistance. Every time your reputation goes up the evil NPC's will complain but they won't leave until you hit 19.
  • RezkallaRezkalla Member Posts: 20
    DJKajuru said:

1st you can't change sorc spells legally, but you could try that with eekeeper.
    2nd is your reputation very high?

Thanks. Um, how do I use eekeeper? Yes, my reputation is high. I guess I'll have to drag it down a bit. Maybe I'll have Dorn join the party.
    You can get more info and EEKeeper here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/16497/ee-keeper-updated-to-v1-0-3/p1. It is very useful for lots of things during the games, I highly recommend it.
  • RezkallaRezkalla Member Posts: 20
    I can't get eekeeper to work. It just crashes once I open it. More effort than it's worth.
    I am sorry to hear that. If you can attach a zip file with your save game folder inside to a post here I can edit what you need and attach it back?
  • mforwwmforww Member Posts: 78
    1) I'd lower the reputation a bit by doing some evil stuff.

2) That's one of the downsides of sorcerers. They're not particularly flexible with their spellcasting in comparison to wizards.