Skip to content

baldur's gate series retrospective video.

megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
a video on the baldur's gate series from bg1 to tob made by Noah Caldwell-Gervais who i recommend you watch as he makes pretty good in depth videos.

he does get a little negative when he gets to sod and does give some misinformation [ he seems to not be aware that beamdog was made by the former team that made the original games for example.] but other then that a good retrospective look on the franchise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjWWuUDtSaE

Comments

• RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    An interesting overview of the whole Baldur’s Gate series. Even when his opinions didn’t reflect my own, I found it very interesting to listen to his perspective. It gave me food for thought.

Thank you for posting. :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    The video should be watched with a note that the author's research is not thorough. An author even gives a tip that higher THAC0 is better than lower THAC0, which explains their troubles of beating the game. They weren't aware that achievements became available only with the release of the 2.0 patch, so the "Steam statistic" argument is not valid.
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Yes, I think it is personal opinion focused as well. But then I feel all such review/overview type things are likely to be. I found it interesting to hear his thoughts on why ToB worked or didn’t work, for instance, as his thoughts differ from my own.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666

The video should be watched with a note that the author's research is not thorough. An author even gives a tip that higher THAC0 is better than lower THAC0, which explains their troubles of beating the game. They weren't aware that achievements became available only with the release of the 2.0 patch, so the "Steam statistic" argument is not valid.

the other time he brought up steam achievements was during his arcanum video when talking about causal gamers not finishing games. it's not a very good way to judge who finishes games imo. like my achievements glitched out after finishing the 3rd challenge in tob and would not unlock anymore. i still finished the game even if i was abuseing the debug mode and cntrl-r ing everything as i did not want to use story mode at the time.