Skip to content

beamdog.com website can't provide a secure connection

ToffeeToffee Member Posts: 55
I am unable to purchase SoD, because I can;t access the beamdog website.

[qoute]ERR_SSL_OBSOLETE_CIPHER
HIDE DETAILS
Unsupported protocol
The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite.[/quote]

I am using an up-to-date windows 7 and the chrome browser.

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    I had strange issues with Chrome too but Firefox worked fine. I think Google might be overly aggressive sometimes in trying to phase out SSL ciphers which are discouraged but not yet obsoleted.
    I believe this is the problem.

This site requires a DHE-based SSL cipher suite. These are deprecated and will be removed in M52, around July 2016. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5752033759985664 for more details.
    JuliusBorisov
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I had exactly the same problem with Google but it worked fine when I switched to Firefox (I'm also on Windows 7).
  • ToffeeToffee Member Posts: 55
    I appreciate the replies guys. I never liked Firefox much but I suppose it won't hurt to install it for limited use. I did last try it during the Dark Ages.
  • ScottBrooksScottBrooks Member Posts: 687
    We currently need to go through some infrastructure upgrades to take care of this. We are working on getting this happening, but it will probably take a few days to get taken care of.
    JuliusBorisovmf2112mlneveseCrevsDaak
  • alboyalboy Member Posts: 59
    Still can't get it through Google.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @ScottBrooks I'm still having issue when I try to download: https://www.beamdog.com/files/beamblog/v2rewards/skandii.bmp
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    @ALIEN It may be fixed now. I'm able to access it in chrome/opera.
    JuliusBorisov
    Yep, now it looks good.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ToffeeToffee Member Posts: 55
    Working now.
    JuliusBorisov