Skip to content

evil thief npc mods?

megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
one thing i like doing is planning out runthroughs before starting them. now my 3rd one which will be my evil play through romancing vickky has an issue when you get to bg2. now i have some thief npc mods installed but they are fade and faren and i don't think they will work well in an all evil party. and i just don't want to use hexxat due to the horror stories i've read.

so i ask this. are there any evil thief npc mods out there or am i going to have to go with the original plan and just make my charname a f/t?

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Evil thieves are a very problematic category in NPC mods for some reason.

* I think Faren works out alright in an Evil party, but I don't have any firsthand experience to confirm that.

* Same goes for Dace.

* Valen is basically Hexxat done more or less proper a decade beforehand, but she's not EE-compatible.

* You could take Yoshimo as far as Spellhold and then replace him with Xulaye for the Underdark, but after that you'll still be a person short.

* Vynd is in the works for BG2, but probably not any time soon.
  • XzanahXzanah Member Posts: 145
    I actually have an NPC, under my username's name, in the works. Won't spoil it too much, but he is a drow in the Underdark who was banished. I will post it when done
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    edited September 2016
    Faren is True Neutral and generally pretty laid-back. If you don't treat him like dirt or kill a bunch of random people to plummet your rep, he'll stay. He's like Yoshimo in that he has no real party conflict. He's also a dual-classed F-T, making him extremely useful.

But really why not at least try Hexxat? You may have heard awful things about her but sometimes it's best to form your own opinion about things.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    edited September 2016
    Fade

It's a good mod and has ToB content. Get it
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    with some thought i decided i may just use dace.

it's not really an evil charname. more a self centered cn one. that just so happend to be the run where i was going to use an all evil party.